Belgium 2022: Jérémie Makiese - Miss You

This is the first time since 2012 an artist has been announced before the host city (according to a totally unverified reply to the tweet)
Quite a few of the 2021 artists were confirmed before we knew it would be in Rotterdam again. :)

This is floating about. It starts off like a dull Bond ballad but becomes MUCH better than expected from the second verse onwards - the production, BVs and skittering drums remind me a lot of early 00s Timbaland R&B actually :o

This isn’t bad at all in this DOG EGG of a year.

I can see that objectively it’s quite good, but there’s an edge to his voice that I really find quite unpleasant.

I think I prefer the dull Bond ballad part. It might grow on me and I can see it qualifying but I hoped to like it more after the first minute.

I think this is absolutely fantastic once it gets going. Can't decide whether I think the whole thing should be like that or whether it gains a lot from switching.

Someone's feeling confident :eyes:

20220331_171550.jpg

I DO like this but it’s just so SURPLUS TO REQUIREMENTS, and even with that favourable draw I think he could fall through the cracks (and yes it’s a good draw but Cornelia is on STRAIGHT AFTER).

This is the last big male voice one I'd say is surplus to requirements in semi 2! It seems like it gets really unfairly lumped in with Australia, Azerbaijan and Poland and like....it's a VERY different song (I mean it's pretty much in its OWN LANE this year!). He's about as close to a nailed on qualifier in that semi as you can get short of Sweden and Poland I think.

Oh Finland too I suppose because that's ALWAYS going through, but I have this down as probably doing better in the process.

I hate to be the one to bring this up, but black performers tend to get shockingly low televote scores in general. Unless they're a clear potential winner like John Lundvik, I'd always put that asterisk against them being 'nailed on'.

I hate to be the one to bring this up, but black performers tend to get shockingly low televote scores in general. Unless they're a clear potential winner like John Lundvik, I'd always put that asterisk against them being 'nailed on'.
I'd say it usually tends to be more a factor in the final these days? Eden Alene got a pretty solid televote in the semis last year (Tusse weirdly switched between the semis and the final in terms of the juries and public preferring him)

I do basically see this as being an easy qualifier and then outside the top 10/right hand side on the night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom