🚨 Vanilla set to release new EP tomorrow 🚨

Oh my god, I have Realise burned onto a CD from back in the day. It was very much a demo that would have been considered by Victoria Beckham (maybe).

I think it goes "it's time you realise" at the start and "straight out the blue!" before the chorus.

How exciting!

Depending on who you believe, Vanilla's third single would have been a cover of Bananarama's "Love in the First Degree" or a song called "Realise". Someone who heard the latter described it thusly: "Let's just say that Xenomania would have had their work cut out for them."

Depending on who you believe, Vanilla's third single would have been a cover of Bananarama's "Love in the First Degree" or a song called "Realise". Someone who heard the latter described it thusly: "Let's just say that Xenomania would have had their work cut out for them."

That was me on pop justice!

Oh my god, I can't believe we have these. Presumably they have more if that Boots cover that they supposedly played at PAs is real. I've downloaded them as mp3s and will listen later :disco:

It's too bad I got unfriended on facebook by one of them as some of their reunion pictures were a treat.

Here are 3 with that 1 drink it takes to buy them.

Attachments

• 20211219_140553.jpg
    20211219_140553.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 106
The YouTube channel is down. Having listened to this podcast, I rather suspect it was Alida behind it all (if it hadn't been taken down whether we got to hear her own solo rnb tracks would have given us the answer):

The guy has also done Lolly (:ken:) and Nicki French.

Back to Alida, here are some spoilers.

- she once snuck onto 5ive's tourbus (an absolute crime that the host does not scream and ask for more details immediately)

- she left the band after they were dropped and the 3 of them recorded Realise after this, but with the same producers

- she thinks Spin Me Round would have been a hit

- they did indeed record Boots, but blames Geri Halliwell for getting there first

- they had a 2 single with option for album deal

- True To Us kept being delayed, she feels the 6 month gap is what killed it

- Sharon has 5 kids and had covid

- Frances is in property

- the pretty one is into photography

- she is in corporate events (I'd have suggested to apply for The Apprentice if I had been interviewing her)

- she loves the Xenomania remixes

That's all I can remember

I'll need to remember the platform where I have a PM from their ex manager who gave a good quote suggesting one of them was absolutely wild. I'll dig through my instagram and facebook later for the quote (I seem to recall the guy was a dish so I'd have been shameless too).

Thank god I soaked up all the content on that YouTube channel before it was taken down

I can’t believe they allegedly get royalties for a song that is basically a sample and they didn’t write?

I hadn't seen the walking children in nature video before, but a shame I only downloaded the mp3s as it was at least higher resolution than the others.

Thanks to a certain ex poster sending me the links (I kouldn't possibly NAMEDROP them), I've looked on their Instagrams and it's rather nice that she and the fit one do seem to be best friends from all this time. They really should do the PA circuit from time to time - it's not as if any rehearsing would be required :D

They really should do the PA circuit from time to time - it's not as if any rehearsing would be required :D
Because they have such amazing vocals all the time and could naturally belt the tracks out?

The "did you hear what that guy just said to me?" line deserves to be heard raw and as spontaneously as possible. We wouldn't have gotten "you know what to do now" from Geru or "never give up" from Jenny Frost without it.

Me and my friend love the No Way No Way video filmed at Brockwell lido(?) where it seems they didn’t hire it out for the video shoot, they just paid the £2.50 entrance fee:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom