39 people found dead in Essex lorry tragedy

39 human beings who've likely suffocated to death, not just bodies. Fuck the way the media dehumanises these people. :(

The most grotesque thing is Priti Patel sending her heartfelt sympathies.

I seem to recall something similar happening about 20 years.

You're right - BBC; "In June 2000, 58 Chinese immigrants were found suffocated to death in the back of a lorry in Dover. There were two survivors."

I see the BBC have had to apologise for Andrew Marr having suggested that Patel was laughing at Brexit when it was just her natural face. Therefore suggesting that the Tory party itself accepts that her natural expression is a reptilian smirk of smug superiority.

Bloody awful, like a scene from 'Years and Years' that was on BBC1 earlier in the year that you thought was a bit far fetched :(

So it appears the driver had the lorry for less than an hour. Not that I have any extra info but it seems a bit unlikely that he's solely responsible for the deaths if at all.

Maybe he's being protected. Surely there's a crime gang involved. I've seen Line of Duty yer know.

Of course there's a gang involved - they probably knew those people were dead and the driver was the patsy. Except records etc.

Why have they not released the driver? Does it look like he was somehow involved?

The driver has been charged. I genuinely thought he had no clue what was in the cargo, but it looks like he did. I shall reserve what I think about him until he is proven but this is such a disgusting, vile atrocity that boils my blood.

I know it's all really awful but the fact that the bereaved families had already got REFUNDS is the WORST BIT but also MADE ME LAUGH

I really thought the driver honestly had no idea until he opened the doors but they've charged him with money laundering too so it seems he might be more involved or why would they add that on?

It's awful.

I'll admit, I did not expect him to be charged with much other than being a div but he was clearly more involved than I imagined. Either that or they really have framed him well.

Oh come on. Why would the driver randomly pull up in an industrial estate, renowned for being an area migrants get released (according to neighbours in the vicinity) and happen to just go and check his load. He’s guilty as feck.

A girl I know from the charity I set up lives a few miles from the driver and he lives in a mansion apparently.

I did have a spy on his FB at the time and he didn't really seem like the mansion type. He just really fucking liked lorries. He did seem like a bit of a cunt too but I reserved judgement.

Oh come on. Why would the driver randomly pull up in an industrial estate, renowned for being an area migrants get released (according to neighbours in the vicinity) and happen to just go and check his load. He’s guilty as feck.
True dat.

His FB videos and pics are still public if anyone fancies a gander at some personal moments of a potential future notorious criminal.

The way I read it, and I wasn't reading too closely so might have got the wrong end of the stick, was that the container and cab entered the UK separately, the driver had driven the lorry cab down to where the container was waiting, hooked it up to his cab and then opened the back to check the cargo. That would be a normal thing to do, drivers have to cover their own arse when they become responsible for a load. If they open the doors before they set off and discover the refrigeration unit has failed or pallets weren't secured properly and the food has spoiled or is strewn about the container they can then blame whoever was classed as "in charge" of the container before they arrived. It's one of the first things the police would ask "didn't you check the load when you hooked it up?" and the tacho records would show that he'd stuck his card in but hadn't driven anywhere yet and was on other work (hooking up) for twenty minutes.

BUT it's also a good way of covering his own arse to appear innocent if those poor people hadn't frozen to death and everything went to plan, he could say "I hooked up then opened the back to check the load and a load of people rushed out past me and ran off in all directions, there was too many of them for me to chase". The tacho would have corroborated this version of events at first glance.

Yeah, we know that now. The story has developed a bit over the last few days and not in the way I had originally anticipated.

The way I read it, and I wasn't reading too closely so might have got the wrong end of the stick, was that the container and cab entered the UK separately, the driver had driven the lorry cab down to where the container was waiting, hooked it up to his cab and then opened the back to check the cargo. That would be a normal thing to do, drivers have to cover their own arse when they become responsible for a load. If they open the doors before they set off and discover the refrigeration unit has failed or pallets weren't secured properly and the food has spoiled or is strewn about the container they can then blame whoever was classed as "in charge" of the container before they arrived. It's one of the first things the police would ask "didn't you check the load when you hooked it up?" and the tacho records would show that he'd stuck his card in but hadn't driven anywhere yet and was on other work (hooking up) for twenty minutes.
JuACAZQFclara.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom