Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Doubt About It

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hak

User
🐝BUMBLEBEE FLEW BY LARGELY UNNOTICED🐝

...by fans and reviewers alike. Being the third least played on the track it was fairly difficult finding reviewers who had any real opinion on it.

The main vocal strays, bee-like, from a bucolic, lazy summer garden scene to the fear of losing said bees forever. Ecocide and the climate emergency enter Abba’s songbook with a buzz. Sweet.
- The Arts Desk
More pipes, is this about Transformers? Probably not. Oh really no it’s about an actual bumblebee. At least the synths are giving me the 80s album I wanted.
- Diddy
A bucolic ballad punctuated with ‘Fernando’-style flutes, is another twee trifle, but at least there’s an intriguing hint of climate change angst in its lyrics.
- New Musical Express
I didn't think that at 66 years old, I'd be crying at such a delightful and simple song about one of our most important insects, but I am! Her voice is stunning, as are the musical chords and orchestrations.
- Iain Jones, YouTube commenter
Just a Notion and Bumblebee (a naive attempt to say something universal about climate change) makes you doubt their quality control.
- The Guardian
Reminds me of my all-time Frida vocal favourites Cassandra and Fernando but sponsored by Countryfile.
- HerSereneHighnessAnniFrid
It's one 7th Heaven Remix from being the gayest thing since Thunderpuss got a phone call from Whitney's team.
- Ag

BZZZ BZZZ!
With just over 50% of the votes, Bumblebee flies away looking for new adventures and better remixes 🐝

The Just Like That track sneaked in last voting as I was trying out poll options for an 'ABBA Demos Survivor' I was planning. I'll let it stay on as a bonus benchmark track for 'What could've been in Voyage'.

Vote for the SONGS you want ELIMINATED:

0. Bonus Benchmark Track: "Just Like That"

1. "I Still Have Faith in You"

2. "When You Danced with Me"

4. "Don't Shut Me Down"

5. "Just a Notion"

6. "I Can Be That Woman"

7. "Keep an Eye on Dan"

9. "No Doubt About It"

10. "Ode to Freedom”

Do I need to actually use my vote to get rid of the utterly pointless and arbitrary inclusion of Just Like That or is it just going to be quietly retired?

As someone who liked Bumblebee, I'm slightly miffed at a non-album track being in the poll, even if I do understand the reasoning.

• Care
Reactions: Hak
I didn't notice "Just Like That" so kept voting for "Just A Notion" but even I agree that shouldn't be there and I'm FURIOUS that it isn't on the album, so... :D

p05q2by5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom