• Keep an Eye on Dan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Doubt About It

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hak

User
AFTER A LITTLE MORE THAN AN HOUR, 'LITTLE THINGS' HAS BEEN EXPUNGED

...from its place as the third track on the album. Hopefully this will give a hint to the powers that be not to release it as the albums fourth single.

With such stellar reviews as:
It wouldn’t be an authentic Abba album without some stomach-churning filler, so beware before you brave the Christmas ditty “Little Things.” But otherwise, Voyage reflects how far these four have traveled, musically and emotionally.
- Rolling Stone
Then comes the album’s big crime against sense, sentimentality and sequencing, Little Things, a Christmas song shoved in at track three. All about the delights of the season, it includes a children’s choir singing about their grandma (the St Winifred’s school singers would sound like rebel punks in comparison), but also, in a jolting juxtaposition, intimations about mum and dad’s sex life. Particularly weird is the implication of a grim transactional quality behind a romantic gesture. “You’d consider bringing me a breakfast tray, but there’s a price,” Lyngstad sings, having noticed her partner’s “naughty eyes”. You hope if she’s presented with a breakfast sausage, she’ll impale it then bin it.
- The Guardian
...as soon as "it's a lovely Christmas morning", it all goes to cock. Christmas morning is never lovely. It's cold, it often comes with a hangover and it's either far too quiet or far too loud. The entire premise is flawed.
- Octophone
...very much like a twee Like An Angel Passing Through but in a diabetic coma.
- HerSereneHighnessAnniFrid
The lyrics lean toward holiday cheer, so there’s a reason for this sap. But the children’s choir that arrives at the song’s end is a bit cloying even for the most forgiving fan.
- USA Today
A twinkly Christmas song that’s sickly-sweet even before they bring in a children’s choir. Frankly, it would feel even more mawkish if it weren’t for the poignancy in Fältskog and Lyngstad’s beautifully mature voices.
- New Musical Express
Oh I like Little Things :(
- Star, Homo Secretary (OB)
FUCK OFF CHILDREN'S CHOIR STILL
- Iguana

NO WONDER!
With over 90% of the vote there really was no question. Little Things, you didn't serve us well, goodbye forever (or hopefully at least for three weeks until Christmas season kicks in high gear :().

Last edited:
Vote out the SONGS that does NOT BELONG:

1. "I Still Have Faith in You"

2. "When You Danced with Me"

4. "Don't Shut Me Down"

5. "Just a Notion"

6. "I Can Be That Woman"

7. "Keep an Eye on Dan"

8. "Bumblebee”

9. "No Doubt About It"

10. "Ode to Freedom”

Last edited:
Bumblebee is the only one I cannot recall a thing about

200.gif

I like Bumblebee. Mind you, it would probably still have been my eighth favourite on the album.

I regret my vote now. I'll go for No Doubt About It next time. there's a rough quality to it and an awful vocal take on one of the verses that I can't FUCK WITH

Bumblebee has clicked with me tonight. Still the worst of that lot though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom