A Song For Moopy: Cocktail Lounge - THE RESULTS

At some point I’ll get bored of waiting for someone to run A Perf For Moopy with live performances and end up doing it myself

Spotify be damned!

Leaked footage of the first planning meeting for A Song For BeverleySwirl.
New York Nyc GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

I would be happy to host as long as someone done ALL the work (not just some, ALL). I would also probably struggle with the whole KNOWING WHO SENT WHAT, for example if Floppet and Rachel were playing they would automatically be fighting it out for my 20 even if each sent a mandarin version of The Grand Old Duke of York. So maybe best I don’t?

I would be happy to host as long as someone done ALL the work (not just some, ALL). I would also probably struggle with the whole KNOWING WHO SENT WHAT, for example if Floppet and Rachel were playing they would automatically be fighting it out for my 20 even if each sent a mandarin version of The Grand Old Duke of York. So maybe best I don’t?

yes, luv

Are you TRYING to kill @OutSynk?!
Don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine. I hate most of the songs anyway. It’s @ButterTart you should be worried about.

Also I’ve seen other forums do these types of contests monthly for years and they’re just fine. It’s basically just a way to regularly discover new music with a competition element.

By the way I love the Halloween dark songs edition idea. Dead artists would be too limiting though and we’d possibly end up with a dreaded 80s round instead.

What's the opposition to an 80s round? Unfair advantage to all the old 'uns?

I’d like an 80s round but I’m mindful it may get a bit monotonous, and there’s probably a reason the songs we pick are still obscure 30-odd years later…

Now an ASFM DECADES contest would be fun… each player picks a decade out of a hat and has to send a song from it :disco:

I’m happy to host a Melodifestivalen-sequel one with someone else if they want x

:disco: What would this involve?
Everyone sends a song, we divide these songs into heats (mixing genres up) and we have a heat each week. Everyone has a week to vote on the 8 or so songs, and then right before each new heat begins, we announce the two finalists, two second chancers, and those songs that have been discarded.

we’d then have a Second Chance round and a Grand Final!

the reason I think that now is the time to try it is that it seems like we’re looking for something with more of a light touch, and we’re now more confident to experiment?

The trouble with that sort of thing is once people get knocked out they tend not to give a shit anymore, so the grand final probably won't get many votes.

Yup - I made that mistake with the Scavenger Hunt - the people who'd been knocked out stopped bothering.

The trouble with that sort of thing is once people get knocked out they tend not to give a shit anymore, so the grand final probably won't get many votes.
I really don’t understand that mentality so can’t comment :D

I guess what I would say is that if there were only 12 songs in the final (for example) then the bitter ex contestants would have less to have to sit and listen to?

Hi Funky it’s ButterTart when will you be announcing your contest and what will the theme be thx

I'm playing with a deep folk house theme featuring songs recorded in Ibiza between August and September 2001.

Just because I'm conscious of my audience and I want to be as open and inviting as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom