A thread for interesting MAPS

Speaking of Liverpool this is a very SCIENTIFIC map of Merseyside :)

IMG_1101.jpeg

Also Liverpool has more grade listed buildings than any other city outside of London. It’s the first thing people usually notice about the place - the architecture.

Does Birmingham not have a great intercity rail network? That’s a tiny dot given the size of the city - look at Manchester, Liverpool and Leeds in comparison.

The map looks like a giant thunderbolt hit London :disco:

Imagine if these happy countries also had the unhappy ones’ weather too* :disco:

*although one might argue that it’s exactly this harsh weather that’s behind many of the factors that lead to happiness (such as Lutheranism and work ethics 😎)

Edit: not sure why Lutheranism would lead to happiness but I just wanted to annoy the lazy Catholics.

I’ve been to NYC over 50 times and I’ve never heard of Stuyvesant

Meatpacking District looking strangely small

I lived in what this map calls NoHo and nobody ever says that word

Everyone calls it Stuytown and its horrible. Never ending apartment complexes that all look the same

View attachment 25201

Oh I recognise that, I just assumed it was part of ABC city

Also you see Clinton referenced a fair bit but most people at least when I was going just called that area Hells Kitchen. I think HK became very trendy and just swallowed a lot around it.

The only people I think who ever use Noho are property developers, trying to revive what was once a bit of a nothing area between Greenwich and East Village.

Midtown South also had another name because that’s where I used to stay a lot. Lots of trendy hotels round there. Something District I think. Can’t remember.

Midtown South also had another name because that’s where I used to stay a lot. Lots of trendy hotels round there. Something District I think. Can’t remember.
Union square?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom