A thread for interesting MAPS

Tisch

2022 LET'S SEAL THE DEAL
I'm having a go at Geoguessr now. I've found a pub. Is it cheating if I google it?
There's Youtube account I follow of a guy who basically live streams himself playing it *ahem* :eyes: and he'll sometimes cheat in an attempt to get a perfect score. I find it fascinating. :D

(but yes, it's cheating :kim:)

Kate

mildly communist
Oh well. Who knew there was a HACKNEY in DERBYSHIRE? I wonder what the bins are like.

The second one is a bit easier, it's plonked me right outside the Salvation Army Braintree. :D

Diddy

Rice Queen
How in heavens name are you supposed to do it if you can’t Google places you find?

I’m playing it Treasure Hunt style

RJN

Way fun!
I cheated...

I realized it was a small town in Africa and I knew I’d never be able to guess correctly. It was in rural South Africa

RJN

Way fun!
I didn’t want to pay for the local ones. But I’m probably going to now that I’m into it

RJN

Way fun!
I’m somewhere in Texas now. The shopping center has a Boot Barn and a Dress Barn which is very Schitt’s creek blouse barn

Alex

When it all falls down, gotta build it better
Hmmph i was in the banlieues of Paris and then it crashed on me :(

Tisch

2022 LET'S SEAL THE DEAL
How in heavens name are you supposed to do it if you can’t Google places you find?

I’m playing it Treasure Hunt style
Honestly, I've got QUITE GOOD as knowing roughly where I am, and then deducing it further by looking for the language on signs and general stuff like that. I was FOOLED by an Italian restaurant in Albania last night though. :evil:

OutSynk

User
I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some, uh, people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future. For our children.

Soldi

Brividi
This website updates daily with snow and ice cover :disco:

This is the latest map in the NORTHERN HEMISPHERE :disco:
ims2021008.gif

lolly

Rowena? From Kuwait?
Has FKA Twigs sold decently anywhere, or is Gloucestershire just really useless? (sorry @Alex)

lolly

Rowena? From Kuwait?
Anyway, I'm pleased they have recognised Bristol as a county, but disappointed we don't have Bananarama :(

Lucille

POPPING OUT FOR SKAG
A quick play reveals I don't love SPOOKY TRUTH'S music, was expecting something a bit more GOTHY.

lolly

Rowena? From Kuwait?
I think that's just North Yorkshire.
Oh that's true. I forget how many bits Yorkshire has. And how big it is.

I suppose North Yorkshire is about 90% dales, but EVEN SO. Fuck off Shed Seven.

Kate

mildly communist
I'll take the Sex Pistols :disco: (although it's just Jones & Cook that are from Shepherd's Bush)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom