ABBA Have Recorded New Music

There's quite a bit in the online press today that ABBA are to do a whole album. I assume it's just clickbait.

Bjorn is on the promo circuit trying to flog tickets for that Mamma Mia The Party thing at the O2 next year. I've not read exactly what he has said, just fan reactions to it. At best I'd say it sounds ambiguous. I'm not holding out much hope. Yet.

It's some 'immersive theatrical and dining experience' where you get fed and have the show going on around you. The cheapest tickets are over £150 with booking fees, so no thanks.

£150? Fuck that. I'll get drunk at home and pop the Definite Collection DVD on.

I had no idea about Sandi Toksvig's involvement. Doesn't persuade me though.

I suppose if you consider a cost of a theatre ticket, plus the course of a three course meal in London, it's not THAT bad.

But 'immersive' theatre ramps up the hen party hell of Mamma Mia to another level for me. And I don't really like Greek food.

It's some 'immersive theatrical and dining experience' where you get fed and have the show going on around you. The cheapest tickets are over £150 with booking fees, so no thanks.

It sounds absolutely revolting although obviously I’m hoping for Nick Knowles, Faith Brown and Linda Barker to be confirmed :disco:

I now want these new recordings even less than I did (having seen Frida in her bodywarmer and Agnetha in her pedal pushers and trainer socks) which was already NOT AT ALL. I shall simply pretend it’s NOT HAPPENING

It's been delayed twice already I believe. I'm sure the earliest it will be now is Spring 2019.

Bjorn was on the Andrew Marr show this morning, and apparently the new material has been postponed until 'probably' early summer 2019.

It's not about selling the single primarily though, I'd have thought. I don't think any reason for the delays has been given, but I suspect that it's to do with the avatar tour, which no doubt is potentially worth far more than any music sales.

Some fans are speculating that the delay could be due to the new songs not being good enough, but I don't think it's that given B&B's notorious quality control, and the length of time between when they were recorded and the original announcement. That's not to say I think they will be great - but that B&B would be happy with them.

Others are speculating that it's because they could have recorded a whole album or at least a few more tracks. I think that's possible, but I don't think it's the reason for the delay itself. I think the avatar tour is the driver here, and any music is just an adjunct.

I still really don’t want it so FINGERS CROSSED

I had a dream before all this was announced that they reunited and made a new album and it was absolutely awful, and as we all know I am your resident seer :disco:

They're too savvy to release an album. Even one or two songs is a risk and not one they would take lightly. They value their own legacy and I genuinely don't think there would be a second of new music unless everyone was absolutely sold on the results.

If it's only the two tracks, they could just play on the safe side and give us a finally produced 'Just Like That' and record '''Story Of A Heart' (featuring Lisa Scott-Lee).

Given the song is essentially being used to launch the Abbatars, I’d imagine that project what is holding them up.

:D it’s the other side’s fault, we’re all good on our side

Except we haven’t actually MADE the songs totally yet and we won’t until spring *ahem*

SOON

I bet Benny’s a right fierce nightmare based on that interview :horny:

I can just imagine the SWEDISH DEATH STARE in meetings

According to Swedish TV4 Björn will reveal world news about the new ABBA release in a brand new interview in Saturday edition (Dec 29th 2018) of morning show Nyhetsmorgon.

www.tv4.se

Apparently he pretty much said FUCK ALL, except that there MAY be more than two songs. But no confirmation or definite timescale.

This is gleaned from Facebook groups rather than direct personal translation (obvs), but certainly seems to be the general thrust.

Oh but apparently the Abbatars will be wearing the outfits from the '79 tour, I'm sure we're all POSITIVELY THRILLED to hear.

A new ABBA album is coming, isn’t it? OH MY ACTUAL LIFE.

Please be good.

I’ve been bang into ABBA this Christmas. I’ve played all the studio albums for no apparent reason.

What will happen first

New music from Abba or MKS?

Obviously the hype for Abba will never eclipse that of MKS but I hope they do ok with any new music they release

I wish I could be as optimistic but everything so far sounds like the Abbatar thing has been riddled with complications and delayed and the group are holding the songs hostage until it gets sorted.

Either that or they just can't be BOTHERED to finish them and if that's the case I certainly won't be holding out hope for an album, especially if they can't even get two songs together.

"Definitely only two songs" coming out "hopefully this fall" and the TV special has been scrapped.

The OCC are running an 'at least two songs' 'hopefully this fall' article today, although I think they are basing the first statement on an older report.

In short, NOBODY KNOWS WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom