ABBA Have Recorded New Music

Patience loves

Agnetha was 70 earlier this month, Bjorn 75. I imagine this shitty avatar business has been hit by coronavirus, pushing the songs back further still.

We really ARE going to lose one of them before we get anything, aren't we? :(

If anyone can make this sort of thing into a huge draw it is them (look at those rotten movies and the musical of which I've no impression of). The technology I imagine must be pretty impressive and they'll know that being perfectionists over it will be more than worth it. I do wonder if releasing something early to tide people over is an option they'd actually go for.

It's just odd that they'd even announce the music before they were happy with the AI, if the two are that closely linked. I wonder what the logic was

It's just odd that they'd even announce the music before they were happy with the AI, if the two are that closely linked. I wonder what the logic was

I think at the time of the announcement, the songs were getting outside of the inner Abba circle because of the hologram stuff, so they wanted to announce it before it got out some other way.

Anyway yeah I agree, this is never happening.

I think the song announcement is or was tied to a BBC documentary because when it originally came out a QUEEN I used to work with that was involved with music docs was bragging about knowing about this FOR MONTHS. If true it totally sounds like the sort of thing PR would want to attach to a press release of a new show.

There was something about a TV show that never came to fruition a few years back. I forget exact details now.

Bjorn gave an interview to Dagens Nyheter from quarantine a week or so ago where he said the avatar project continues but not as planned, and has been delayed by six months.

What I found far more interesting though is this, when talking about why they turned down the billion dollar tour offer in 2000:

It wasn’t about any disagreement between the former group members, which there have been many speculations about, Björn Ulvaeus says. They have the Avatar project together and they see each other a lot.

– We have very special bonds between us. You can feel them. Like we said when we left each other not so long ago, maybe a month ago: ”We have something very special in that we are four people who can trust each other 100 percent.” It’s nice to have that.

It's not so long before the news of the new music that Bjorn had referred to seeing Benny all the time, Agnetha fairly frequently due to family events, and rarely seeing Frida at all due to her living in Majorca or Switzerland or wherever it was at the time. So hearing the fact that they see each other 'a lot' now, and very recently, is fanning more speculation about how much they have recorded or are working on.

Judy whatsherface has confirmed Mamma Mia 3 and wants the new songs to be in it.

I haven't seen the article personally, but apparently Bjorn has said that he and Benny were working on more material when lockdown started. Although I guess that may not be Abba material.

I didn’t realise we didn't know it wasn't until 2021 already. I must have just assumed that was the latest false hope.

I'm just over it now, really. Obviously I'm here for whatever they eventually throw out (when they are all dead), but discussing how many and when is just pointless.

Like a roller in the ocean
Life is motion
Move On

Reactions: VoR
This 5 tracks in 2021 is from an interview Björn has recently given for a podcast, isn’t it? So I think it is the most recent authoritative source we have.

I wouldn’t mind a Happy New Year part 2 :disco:

I wonder which will come first this or the MKS album

I did a poll in 2019 of which would come first out of Berlin Tempelhof Airport, Crossrail, the end of Brexit transition and this. This won by miles at the time and is now on track to be last out of all of those :(

We missed a trick not having a poll for "which will come first, being forced to stay in our homes and only allowed out once a day for exercise, or new ABBA music?"

From a new Bjorn interview

2021 and for fans awaiting the promised new music from the band, Ulvaeus remains tight-lipped and philosophical.

“I’ve been saying things about it and it’s been wrong, so I would much rather not say anything right now, but it’ll be there eventually. That’s all I can say.”

:eyes:

Oh bugger. I found it very exciting, but maybe now just flat out isn't a good time for whatever they have in mind.

I think 1975 might be the best time for the recycled BAO cast-offs I’m expecting

I got told to expect a song like the one Steps did, but how it sounded when some older people sang it before. Not quite the Dance Your Pain Away sequel where Agnetha wets herself on the dancefloor without a care in the world or a tena lady in her handbag, but I was still getting moist all the same.

Who knows?

I've seen September rumoured by fans though, based on the rate at which tracks are being posted on the Abba instagram page.

Who knows?

I've seen September rumoured by fans though, based on the rate at which tracks are being posted on the Abba instagram page.
That sounds too much like a clever strategy…

Surely though they must be in a position now where they can at least announce the Abbatar tour or concert or “virtual experience” or whatever the fuck they’re calling it, and bung out a new song to go with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom