ABBA - I Still Have Faith In You/ Don't Shut Me Down

?

• Total voters
Outfits are a CHOICE :D :disco:

5c089b1d-fcfc-433a-8584-27380b1bf28c (1).jpg

Apparently there's now a 7" picture disc available of these songs but the official store has crashed!

People gagging at the outfits.

They bring it to you every 40 years!

See, I think this is very clever. They can't dress like their digital selves and they can't recreate any of their outfits from the time. This is an elegant solution and produces a group photo that doesn't look like the meeting of the Philosophy symposium at the University of Leicester that B&B brought us earlier.

I’ve actually teared up a bit.

This is EXACTLY what I want from the new songs

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE :disco:

1NEWABBA - I Still Have Faith In You
2NEWABBA - Don't Shut Me Down
3-2Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (PNAU Remix)
4-2Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits
5-2Ed Sheeran - Visiting Hours
6-2Joel Corry & Jax Jones - OUT OUT (feat. Charli XCX & Saweetie)
7-2Jonasu - Black Magic
8-2The Kid LAROI & Justin Bieber - STAY
9-2Rain Radio & DJ Craig Gorman - Talk About
10-2Becky Hill & David Guetta - Remember

THE LAST MINUTE OF "DON'T SHUT ME DOWN" :disco:

I could WEEP.

Glorious. I think it seems a much shorter song than it is, I'd be more than happy with an extended outro.

These two songs were so well paired, releasing them together was absolutely the right thing. You have the stately but rousing journey number and then the classic sounding groover with that ABBA magic. Both bring the feels in their own way.

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE :disco:

1NEWABBA - I Still Have Faith In You
2NEWABBA - Don't Shut Me Down
3-2Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (PNAU Remix)
4-2Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits
5-2Ed Sheeran - Visiting Hours
6-2Joel Corry & Jax Jones - OUT OUT (feat. Charli XCX & Saweetie)
7-2Jonasu - Black Magic
8-2The Kid LAROI & Justin Bieber - STAY
9-2Rain Radio & DJ Craig Gorman - Talk About
10-2Becky Hill & David Guetta - Remember
assuming this is just iTunes but still. the delightful upside down-ness of this list is quite something :disco:

I Still Have Faith In You is such a beautiful track and I have welled up at the combination of the lyrics and the story.

however, the chorus definitely reminded me of something and now I’ve got it, the rather good What About Us? by Point Break :D

Well it ain't Spotify :D

May need a new thread, but chart wise it will certainly be interesting to how this plays out. God knows how they will do on streaming, the curiosity listens will be very high. And as redundant as iTunes is, I imagine their sales will actually be much higher than a normal single on there. Then the split over Thursday and the next week...

Looking at that list I didn’t see Japan and thought they were pretty big (though all this happened during the middle of the night)

doesn’t seem to be on the chart yet but I there was a BIG splash page :o

6F5DE2E7-3CE6-4646-BE4B-002CF6B31AFC.png

PS yes there is a band called Creepy Nuts
PPS what are Iron Maiden doing there with a Japanese title :D

Btw i preordered the album and got the two singles. Do these count as singles sales on iTunes?

I Still Have Faith In You is just lovely, and it’s nice to hear them getting sentimental in their old age, although it does sound a bit like Frida singing one of Bjorn and Benny’s musical theatre songs.

Don’t Shut Me Down is where it’s at. It on the other hand is so ABBA through and through, and is the one of the two that actually had me getting a bit emotional.

I curiously checked the comments in the worst of the gammon press and they are all... stanning honey. Get that Brexit coin, queens.

Don't Shut Me Down is so good, isn't it? It's so nice not to have to react to a newly-released pop song with a new spin on an anal fissure, because a jaunty sway will do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom