ABBA - I Still Have Faith In You/ Don't Shut Me Down

?

• Total voters
At what point in the next few days is it acceptable to listen to anything else?

Reactions: Zu
Have they put any BLURB out that explains the context of the lyrics for both tracks?

I always get a little internal lol at the “I’m fired up” line, as in MY sad little world being “fired up” means to either be HOPPING MAD or off your tits on cocaine :D

Have they put any BLURB out that explains the context of the lyrics for both tracks?

I always get a little internal lol at the “I’m fired up” line, as in MY sad little world being “fired up” means to either be HOPPING MAD or off your tits on cocaine :D

I'm choosing to take BennyorBjorn's joke that Don't Shut Me Down is about an ABBAtar that doesn't want to be switched off at face value.

They’re both A-List but Don’t Shut Me Down is Ken Bruce’s record of the week, meaning that it will be played on his show every day.
Is that different from them both being shown as record of the week on that link?

Radio 2 have several ABBA related shows on BBC Sounds at the moment.

Is that different from them both being shown as record of the week on that link?
That’s an excellent question. He announced it as DSMD on Friday’s show, but I don’t know if they have anything else that gets described as a record of the week. If it is both of them, I don’t know whether that means they both get played every day or they alternate. I’ll report back after tomorrow.

Am I being forgetful here, or is ‘Story of A Heart’ to all intents and purposes a song that would have gone to ABBA had the time been right?

Am I being forgetful here, or is ‘Story of A Heart’ to all intents and purposes a song that would have gone to ABBA had the time been right?
I don't remember reading it being anything other than intended for BAO.

It was a song that was quite deliberately a bit ABBA-ish to sell BAO to an international audience, but no I don’t think the notion of recording with ABBA was further from their minds at that point in time.

A slight dip on uk spotify yesterday, but still top 20 when all the Drake and ACR tracks are removed. Don't Shut Me Down holding up better there too now. Looks like that could be the bigger hit, and rightly ao.

I Still Have Faith In You has just taken over Don't Shut Me Down again on iTunes.

Don’t Shut Me Down leading on downloads apparently but I Still Have Faith has the edge thanks to the physicals. Seems both are fairly level pegging on streams.

It only includes one day of streaming in this flash though, so probably the highest they will get.

Holding up ok on Spotify though,take out Drake and the few above them on ACR and they’re about #21 and #30 which is pretty good for day two of the tracking week. I imagine they’ll possibly do better on the older leaning streaming providers like Apple and Amazon?

Sales will determine the final position, but I’d say it’s definitely two top 40’s and at least one top 20.

It only includes one day of streaming in this flash though, so probably the highest they will get.

Holding up ok on Spotify though,take out Drake and the few above them on ACR and they’re about #21 and #30 which is pretty good for day two of the tracking week. I imagine they’ll possibly do better on the older leaning streaming providers like Apple and Amazon?

Sales will determine the final position, but I’d say it’s definitely two top 40’s and at least one top 20.
I'd say top 20 is a lock for both and finishing near the top 10. Last week around 19K sales were needed for number 18. Be interesting to sèe the sales so far for Abba. The 3 Drake tracks had around 1 million streams each on Friday, take those out and Abba would have been midweek 3 and 4 in a more 'normal' week, which could be around 12-14K sales already.

Oh I’m hopeful, but I’d rather underestimate and be surprised than get my hopes up and have them dashed, especially as the week goes on and they naturally slip a bit as streaming becomes more dominant.

When is this going viral on TikTok? We need those streams.

Also, why is everyone so worried about Adele? Now she's not relatable anymore, is she really going to have such big numbers?

I wouldn't worry about Adele. By the time she gets around to releasing new music it will probably be called '56' or something.

I asked a (slightly younger) friend of mine if he had heard the new ABBA songs yet. His response was “I’ve heard the one that’s all over TikTok” so that’s positive.

Reactions: Hak
Don’t Shut Me Down leading on downloads apparently but I Still Have Faith has the edge thanks to the physicals. Seems both are fairly level pegging on streams.

Is the 7" a double A-side or is it "I Still Have Faith" with "Don't Shut Me Down" as a b-side?

Is the 7" a double A-side or is it "I Still Have Faith" with "Don't Shut Me Down" as a b-side?
I'm not sure I've seen mention of a second track. I wouldn't be surprised if it's ISHFIY on both sides, or even one sided.

The fact that DSMD is available as a CD single in its own right implies to me that it’s nowhere to be seen on the ISHFIY single.

Don't Shut Me Down climbing on uk spotify yesterday. It's going to finish at the cursed number 11 isn't it.

Perhaps not. The fact it climbed and is now on Hot Hits UK is very promising. Just whether it’s enough...

Update on Radio 2 Record of the week news.

They are the joint record of the week and Ken Bruce played DSMD yesterday and ISHFIY today. He played that horrible Due Lipa/Elton John thingie both days, so joint record of the week doesn’t seem to be massively useful.

Also ahead on Spotify:

Screenshot_20210908-125504_Spotify.jpg

With Don’t Shut Me Down still holding at #44 on Spotify (so early 20’s taking out Drake and ACR), looks like it may hang on to that top ten spot. I fear ISHFIY May slip out but still, what a result.

With Don’t Shut Me Down still holding at #44 on Spotify (so early 20’s taking out Drake and ACR), looks like it may hang on to that top ten spot. I fear ISHFIY May slip out but still, what a result.

I hope both can cling on. Also it feels quite important that the two songs chart consecutively without an interloper getting between them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom