GinAg (39)

User
Pronouns
He/Him
These need a new topic

00 I Still Have Faith In You
00 Don't Shut Me Down

Last edited:
I'm aware that this'll get me tarred and feathered but I Still Have Faith In You doesn't do much for me at the moment.

Don't Shut Me Down on the other hand is EXACTLY what I'm looking for.

I do like that these sound like if they had released Opus 10. Nothing happened in between worth ABBA caring!

Don’t Shut Me Down. OMG! It is as if they never left. :disco:

• Love
Reactions: Zu
I Still Have Faith In You is nice. I think it will grow the more I listen.

ISHFIY is schmaltzy but let's not kid ourselves for a minute that is a big part of the ABBA canon. When the "do-I-have-it-in-me?" bit kicked in I knew I would like it. Also the build-up is SPINE-TINGLING.

Don’t Shut Me Down :disco::disco:

12455/10 :disco::disco::disco:

This not going to #1 would be homophobia

Real Housewives Cry GIF by Slice

Don't Shut Me Down is just PERFECT. They could slot it in at the end of Arrival and it would fit.

Oh yes I meant about the songs not the modernity
I would have found it extremely upsetting if the songs had been terrible - I have been to two of those deranged ABBA TALK events, lest we forget - so I didn't dare to imagine that they might be good in case they weren't

Hence pre-unveiling DOOM AND GLOOM

Don't Shut Me Down reminds me of Carola's 'Främling' in parts.

• Love
I do wish the voices were a bit higher in the mix on the choruses of I Still Have Faith In You, but I'm guessing it might not have flattered them as much...

Last edited:
I am stunned by the quality of these songs, particularly ‘Don’t Shut Me Down’ - it’s like they never left the studio.

• Love

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom