ABBA - [The self-titled album] Sync Listen

Kinda agog this was never a single. Pretty sure it would have been a hit.

Although I'm enjoying it in context, it's a bit of a skip on More Gold.

well this album was never likely to be my bag*. at least I'm here?

09 Mamma Mia
07 Hey, Hey Helen
06 Tropical Loveland
10 SOS
06 Man in the Middle
06 Boom-a-boomerang
07 I Do I Do I Do I Do I Do
04 Rock Me
— Intermezzo
06 I've Been Waiting For You

*no stolen bag jokes pls
Is your lack of score for Intermezzo No. 1 a principled thing or were you just off having a (non-4am) shit?

Oh God at the "bonus" tracks coming up. Real bottom of the barrel stuff. Although Bale is notable as their only cover.

Bjorn's storytelling really did come on leaps and bounds between Crazy World and stuff like The Day Before You Came...

Although maybe this is a Stig lyric.

Is your lack of score for Intermezzo No. 1 a principled thing or were you just off having a (non-4am) shit?
I forgot it before it had finished...

09 Mamma Mia
07 Hey, Hey Helen
06 Tropical Loveland
10 SOS
06 Man in the Middle
06 Boom-a-boomerang
07 I Do I Do I Do I Do I Do
04 Rock Me
— Intermezzo
06 I've Been Waiting For You
06 So Long

all of the GENERIC ROCK SONG on this album have the SAME INSTRUMENTAL.

13. Medley: Pick A Bale of Cotton / On Top of Old Smokey / Midnight Special

I have no recollection as to why the Medley even exists.
Some charity album they didn't want to waste an original song on (and Stig was too cheap to pay for any covers that hadn't entered the public domain yet).

6.5/10 for the album according to my scores. which feels generous. no deep cuts to add to my ABBA Gold + Further Luxurious Metals playlist here. thanks @Pingu!

Some charity album they didn't want to waste an original song on (and Stig was too cheap to pay for any covers that hadn't entered the public domain yet).
Stig really was a piece of work.

I wonder if they decided it was worth their time, what they would have covered.

20220118_194549.jpg

Thanks for joining once again! I'll reward you with a good one next week, promise. 😘

Obviously there's a lot of time for it still to run, but just one last reminder to keep track for the rate! And also @Ag I'm sure you're on it but just a reminder that you've exceeded your 10s quota by approximately 150%

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom