ABBA Rate - The Definitive 50th Anniversary Edition (VOTING CLOSED - Results this week!)

I have managed to miss every single sync listen! Partly due to bad time management on my part, of course. Complete fail from me for which I apologise.
And you’ve been much missed, but I’m hoping you won’t miss the opportunity to vote… 🥰

I'm not very good at rating things. Can I just send a list of the 10s (like Waterloo, The Day Before You Came, King Kong Song etc)

I have regrettably missed these mostly due to SCHEDULING CONFLICTS with my Swedish lessons but I will get working on my votes imminently :disco:

Thanks to the voters who have submitted their rates today. I've just totted up what we have so far and the chart is starting to take shape, although it's still VERY close at the top.

I would say there is a group of songs starting to cement themselves as the clear faves though, some expected and some unexpected. In fact there is one that I clearly underestimated how beloved it is - I'm the only poster not to award it 10+ so far.

Keep 'em coming!

Also, I have updated the 2nd post with links to the relevant sync listen threads that contain the YouTube playlists for each album. I know, I'm just too good.

Also, I have updated the 2nd post with links to the relevant sync listen threads that contain the YouTube playlists for each album. I know, I'm just too good.
I think you forgot to mention my artistic interpretations that can also be seen in those threads.

But how can I do a countdown of Moopy’s favourite ABBA songs without votes from the person responsible for 60% of all Moopy posts? :(

I am really struggling with what to do with Two For The Price Of One. It’s such a brilliant troll.

I’m listening to the albums I don’t know with a view to sending some scores. My word but the first self titled album is a big crock of shit outside of the big two singles.

I'm not quite sure if I should mentally adjust the production on the Ring Ring album to usual ABBA levels or just rate them as they are.

A few choice statistics about how the vote is going:

• All 9 studio albums are currently accounted for in the Top 50 - one album is only represented once, while another has every track bar one in the chart.
  • The lowest ranked ABBA Gold track is currently at #92
  • The 11s have been fairly spread out so far, although one track has managed to get three of them
  • That one song that I was fairly lukewarm about still has a clean sheet of 10s from everyone except me
  • It's still VERY close at the top and [Kate Thornton]the lead has changed multiple times[/Kate Thornton]

Keep the votes coming! You just have a few days left.

I just have Arrival still to listen to before I can send my votes, although I should probably prioritise voting in ASFM first.

I just have Arrival still to listen to before I can send my votes, although I should probably prioritise voting in ASFM first.
Damn I wish I had entered now so I could be plugging this shit in there.

Now that you've all voted in the ASFM covers contest, come here and let me know your score for ABBA's cover of Pick A Bale of Cotton. :disco:

TWO DAYS LEFT VOYAGERS!

It’s your last full day to vote, but you still have long enough to listen to ABBA’s entire back catalogue 5 times if you wanted!

Not to alarm anyone, but What About Livingstone is currently at number one, so if you don’t want to make a mockery of this whole thing, then get your rates in!

I know some of you have said you’re actively working on them but I’m going to annoy you by tagging you one more time.

I’ve been waiting for you @VoR @dmlaw @Hak @Penelope @Suomi @dUb @Jark @RJN @Gangsta Nancy Lam @Madison @octophone @Suedey @Alias #23

I have finished my votes and now just need to wait until one minute before the closing time to submit them, in order to punish Pingu for the timing of his votes in the last ASFM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom