ABBA studio albums vinyl collection

I seem to remember another boxset from a couple of years before that one as well, with a silver box.

Here it is, from 2010

8196Jz5BSRL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Now someone is charging over £700 for that!

I didn't buy it from amazon so it isn't in my history. I seem to recall that I bought it directly from Universal.

And they have all been issued at least twice individually as well I believe.

Here it is, from 2010

8196Jz5BSRL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Now someone is charging over £700 for that!

I didn't buy it from amazon so it isn't in my history. I seem to recall that I bought it directly from Universal.

And sure enough you can get it from discogs for £180. That set has the bonus track album as well.

After a bit of googling, I ended up spending the last hour reading through dozens of audiophile’s views of the best sounding pressings of ABBA vinyl LPs. Is the Danish Polar pressing of Arrival better than the US Monarch pressing etc. It’s one helluva rabbit hole and I suspect if I go down that route, I’ll never get any joy.

It's pretty much immaterial when he never opens the box, never mind plays them. I do feel your pain though, as I've waded through many such discussions around which CDs have the best mastering and sound best. Some early German ones usually seem to come out on top.

Yeah I've got the 'box set' of that (this one: https://www.discogs.com/ABBA-The-Albums/release/1544074), plus a handful of the studio albums on vinyl (charity shop purchases) - oh and the 'gold' vinyl of Abba Gold which I gather is fairly valuable..

There are two different catalogue numbers for the Gold 'Gold'. The original issue, and then an exclusive HMV version a while after. Don’t think I've seen either for a while, now that you mention it.

IMO the UK version of the Album album artwork is superior to the standard Polar style we get these days.

Did you at least get it a fiver cheaper on amazon?

I paid £110 I think. I have played most of them to be honest though and they do sound nice..

Most of my vinyls are opened & played.

The only ones I haven't opened are some of the rare Madonna ones (which I'm sure I'll open eventually), or the duplicate copies I've bought by mistake (which I generally end up gifting to friends...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom