ABBA - Voulez-Vous Sync Listen

When the NIGHT
Come with ACTION
I just know it's time to GO :disco::disco::disco:

*twirls*

I find the sequencing of ALL their albums always feels quite random and I'm not sure Voulez-Vous is any different. I've really enjoyed this though. it's definitely up there with Super Trouper.

07 As Good As New
10 Voulez-Vous
10 I Have a Dream
08 Angeleyes
08 The King Has Lost His Crown
09 Does Your Mother Know
10 If it Wasn't For The Nights
11 Chiquitita
07 Lovers (Live a Little Long)
08 Kisses of Fire
08 Summer Night City

fuckin' in the moonlight :disco:

I find the sequencing of ALL their albums always feels quite random and I'm not sure Voulez-Vous is any different. I've really enjoyed this though. it's definitely up there with Super Trouper.
I've done my own sequence with I Have A Dream as the closer and SNC / GGG promoted to the main album.

Lovelight is left off though. Not because I don't like it, just a bit surplus to requirements is all.

I feel like I've never heard Lovelight before and I'm sure I must have stick the Spotify version of the album a couple of times so it's clearly never stuck with me.

I've done my own sequence with I Have A Dream as the closer and SNC / GGG promoted to the main album.

Lovelight is left off though. Not because I don't like it, just a bit surplus to requirements is all.
that definitely makes MORE SENSE, although I'm not sure GGG fits anywhere except right after VV...

Lovelight is another of these "rock bangers" they seemed to be very into at this point in time. ABBA but make it heteropropriate. it's very solid and would've done well to replace Lovers.

07 As Good As New
10 Voulez-Vous
10 I Have a Dream
08 Angeleyes
09 Does Your Mother Know
11 Chiquitita
08 Kisses of Fire
08 Summer Night City
08 Lovelight

I mean GGG is it isn't it?

A million out of 10. It's their most essential legendary banger.

Why is GGG not on the album again? Did it just come later? It's quintessential and indeed essential disco pop goodness
It was recorded afterwards as the single from their 2nd greatest hits album. They went back to singles from Voulez-Vous afterwards though so it's still very much part of the "era"

Why is GGG not on the album again? Did it just come later? It's quintessential and indeed essential disco pop goodness
It was a new single for GHV2 later than year.

I thing it may have been recorded after, but my knowledge of ABBA recording sessions is an ABBA weak spot of mine.

This was released in the dying months of the 70s and I can see why they had a gear change when the 80s hit - where could they go from here in their pursuit of the perfect pop banger?!

GGG was never quite my favourite but I always wondered if HUNG UP had something to do with that. I wasn't listening to much ABBA before 2005.

iconic banger obviously. there's a deliciously desperate STALKER-Y DRAMA to it. and the disco strings are the disco strings.

07 As Good As New
10 Voulez-Vous
10 I Have a Dream
08 Angeleyes
09 Does Your Mother Know
11 Chiquitita
08 Kisses of Fire
08 Summer Night City
08 Lovelight
10 Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!

It was a new single for GHV2 later than year.

I thing it may have been recorded after, but my knowledge of ABBA recording sessions is an ABBA weak spot of mine.
According to @CarlMagnusPalm it was recorded during rehearsals for the 1979 tour, so a few months after the album.

There's not a soul out there
No one to hear my praaaaaayyyyyyyeeeeeerrrrr

*explodes*

RANK
  1. Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!
  2. Summer Night City
  3. Voulez-Vous
  4. Kisses of Fire
  5. As Good As New
  6. Angeleyes
  7. If it Wasn't For The Nights
  8. Lovers (Live a Little Long)
  9. The King Has Lost His Crown
  10. Chiquitita
  11. Does Your Mother Know
  12. I Have a Dream
  13. Lovelight

@Pingu every time you do this I am genuinely slap bang in the middle of an Actual Swedish Class which is SO inconvenient - but this is my second favourite album after Visitors. If It Wasn’t For The Nights is my ultimate “essential ABBA” song, everything I want in one place. Lovers has such a lovely vibe to it initially but that chorus is a caterwauling mess, it’s nigh on unlistenable thanks to someone’s unregulated vocal efforts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom