ABBA Voyage: The Concert Residency – CONTAINS MAJOR SET LIST SPOILERS

Now that last night's Moopers have been to see it, are we in a place where we can just put "Spoilers" in the thread title and talk freely about it?
Who went last night?

We need a checklist of who has been and who is yet to go!

So I'm going next in about a month's time, and I'm very excited to go on a Saturday night as I feel like the crowd will be REALLY up for it. They were when I went as well, but it was a Monday night theatre crowd really, so they did get into it but only really lost themselves at certain bits.

So I'm going next in about a month's time, and I'm very excited to go on a Saturday night as I feel like the crowd will be REALLY up for it. They were when I went as well, but it was a Monday night theatre crowd really, so they did get into it but only really lost themselves at certain bits.
I went on a Saturday and the crowd was fabulously raucous

Get ready for OUTFITS and SEQUINS

The show is so LOUD you can barely hear yourself SCREECHING ALONG

It really felt like I was witnessing something that has never been seen before, which is the main point I'm trying to hammer home to the sceptics.
I've found it quite hard to explain to people, beyond saying it's like nothing you have seen before, and it's nothing like you think it is.

NO they're not there, NO they're not holograms, NO you don't wish they were there.

But you know they were central to making it and that contribution is there at every turn. It's the warmest, loveliest show I've ever seen.

I do wonder if only having booked matinee performances will be giving me a different kind of vibe.

I don't think the crowd will necessarily be much younger on an evening show, but I imagine it will be much more lubricated.

Reactions: Hak
I've been on a Monday and will be going on a Saturday and Sunday over the next couple of months so I'll be able to compare.

I do find myself wishing I had at least tried to get tickets to the opening couple of nights, which seem to have been packed full of hardcore fans who brought the house down. Apparently they lost their shit at Don't Shut Me Down, which seems to have had a bit of a muted response at other performances.

I think Don't Shut Me Down has one of the weaker 'performances', which doesn't help it much.

I think Don't Shut Me Down has one of the weaker 'performances', which doesn't help it much.
Yes it was a minor disappointment for me. They didn't really do all that much and I had been looking forward to seeing it "performed" for the first and only time.

I do wonder if only having booked matinee performances will be giving me a different kind of vibe.

I don't think the crowd will necessarily be much younger on an evening show, but I imagine it will be much more lubricated.
I'm purposely taking my mother to a matinee and my sisters to a Saturday night

I hope the atmosphere is going to be wildly different for both

Now we're going spoiler-free, can we discuss the glaring omission in the setlist? And when we think they'll add it in?

WE WANT 'KING KONG SONG'

Just bumped into a Brummie couple in Baguette Express who came from tonight’s show. They had a fantastic time, barely even mentioned the screens breaking even though they were off for an hour.

They did come back on again and of course everyone had had an hour of bar service by then so I bet it was a brilliant crowd.

I'm seeing an odd mix of people acting like it was a BONUS with a singalong which improved the atmosphere, and others saying the show 'limped on with half the effects off'.

I think I'd be pretty disappointed personally - even more so if some of the effects were then missing.

I wouldn't mind too much if I'd seen it a lot of times before, but it would be very disappointing for a first time out. I guess we now know there isn't any redundancy in the tech though :D

I've just taken delivery of an Abba Voyage t shirt (one of the sale ones) just for me :D

I waited until I placed an order for all the picture discs so I didn't have to shell out the p&p twice. I fully intend wearing it to Voyage and all future Abba related events :disco:

Is that one of the first Abba items you've actually bought for yourself/got to keep? :D

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: Hak
Is that one of the first Abba items you've actually bought for yourself/got to keep? :D
I think it MIGHT be - I'd happily have bought it for him but he'd never actually wear it. It would be folded up and put away with all the others. I say all the others, but actually thankfully t-shirts aren't something he's bothered about collecting, so he only owns a fraction of what he could.

The only Abba things I personally own are the Gold and GHV2 CDs I had prior to meeting him, and then he bought me all the studio and girls' solo albums on CD in the very early days we were together.

Last edited:
Reactions: COB
I've just taken delivery of an Abba Voyage t shirt (one of the sale ones) just for me :D

I waited until I placed an order for all the picture discs so I didn't have to shell out the p&p twice. I fully intend wearing it to Voyage and all future Abba related events :disco:
I'd have thought you'd have a Frida kimino in the wardrobe, surely?

I'd have thought you'd have a Frida kimino in the wardrobe, surely?
Frida-Kimono_7e3c89cf-914a-4f0f-bfd3-978379936fec_1800x1800.jpg

£60. If I could convince myself it would make a practical robe, I'd be all over it.

My show was full of people dressed as Donna And The Dynamos, plus some scattered GAYS in GLITTER.

How well is it selling? I hope it’s going to run forever , but are there any recent numbers?

How well is it selling? I hope it’s going to run forever , but are there any recent numbers?
I've not seen anything official since the 380k sold Benny stated before the premiere. A few days after the premiere I saw the figure 500k a few times, but not sure of the source.

It's difficult to tell looking at ticketmaster, as although all Saturday dates in July are showing 'low' (and not 'limited) availability, when you click on them they all say nothing available, other than a few with access seat availability.

I wonder what the break even point is on this. Presumably Little Boots isn't all that expensive on a weekly basis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom