ABBA Voyage: The Concert Residency – CONTAINS MAJOR SET LIST SPOILERS

Seems the promo really is kicking off. Interview and cover of Culture in the Sunday Times tomorrow

FB_IMG_1651344579690.jpg
FB_IMG_1651344618142.jpg

Not sure what's going on with Bjorn's legs in that photo. And I'm disappointed digital Frida doesn't have camel toe.

Not sure I can entirely get on board with 'Abba is dance' (never mind I'd prefer 'are'), considering they never really did much more than bop about a bit, but I'm buying what Wayne CBE is selling regardless.

Two weeks today for us. I think once I've got Eurovision out of the way I'm going to start to get properly excited.

London people - what are the shopping/eating opportunities like close to the station? We'll be coming from Paddington, so obviously quite the schlep. Not sure whether to head straight for the arena and look locally for somewhere to eat, or whether to break the journey somewhere like Spitalfields and have a mooch about there.

You’re near Westfield so it’s all a bit commercial. You’re close to Hackney Wick which will be very lively if you’re off at the weekend, but Spitafields will be your best bet for good food options and only a couple of stops on the central line to Stratford.

You’re near Westfield so it’s all a bit commercial. You’re close to Hackney Wick which will be very lively if you’re off at the weekend, but Spitafields will be your best bet for good food options and only a couple of stops on the central line to Stratford.
Lovely, thanks. We may go for a look around Westfield after (particularly because I'd quite like the chance to have a look around the Olympic Park again), but it seems criminal to have all those options of places to eat locally but end up in an Ask or Pizza Express.

Mr L loves a second hand record shop, and I believe there are a few of those around Haggerston/Dalston way, so we may go a little further north as well. I'm hoping I can keep him out of Central London entirely.

Are you seeing the matinee or evening show? Dalston is also a good bet and a few stops on the overground, lots of restaurants and bars along Kingsland Road to pick from.

Are you seeing the matinee or evening show? Dalston is also a good bet and a few stops on the overground, lots of restaurants and bars along Kingsland Road to pick from.
Matinee. 3pm start. We arrive mid morning, so a fair bit of time to wander. And then we'll have a couple of hours after as well, although that's including the trip back across town. I didn't realise quite how far it was.

I hope once the initial show goes out and they have the chance to make some tweaks they'll give Frida her iconic perm.

Two weeks today for us. I think once I've got Eurovision out of the way I'm going to start to get properly excited.

London people - what are the shopping/eating opportunities like close to the station? We'll be coming from Paddington, so obviously quite the schlep. Not sure whether to head straight for the arena and look locally for somewhere to eat, or whether to break the journey somewhere like Spitalfields and have a mooch about there.
Should you wish to eat at Paddington itself, this is all manner of lovely

Should you wish to eat at Paddington itself, this is all manner of lovely

Thank you - having somewhere recommended so close to the station may well be very useful, depending on how time plays out.

I usually tend to scurry away from the station on to where I'm going, and then plan as minimal time as necessary locally coming back, because Paddington feels like such a soulless place generally.

I had an ex who lived in Paddington and thought it ASPIRATIONAL!
Probably more aspirational than THAMESMEAD. Also it is ZONE 1

I quite like Paddington myself but then I do like the grim environs of railway stations :disco:

I think the restaurant is in what turns out to be known as TYBURNIA :disco:

Looking at a map I think I have dawdled through that area unknowingly before - or at least I purposely walked through smaller streets on the way to Hyde Park.

Some people went to see preview performances of this over the weekend, and some confusion arose last night that has very much piqued my interest, although it does constitute a moderate show spoiler so I'll put this all in tags:

There was a rumour flying around after last night's show that all 4 members of ABBA were there at the preview performance, and came on stage at the end to wave and take a bow. Anyway it turns out that they were not there, and that this is a part of the show, where the four present-day members appear at the very end. If some people believed that they were there in person though, holy fuck, the technology must be amazing!

I kind of feel for the people who thought they were seeing the real ones - presumably losing their shit in the process - and then realised they didn’t :shy:

It would leave a bit of a sour taste for me personally to be HOODWINKED like that

I’d say they’d deserve it!

Oh I went to this show of ABBA holograms that present-day ABBA made because they never ever want to tour together and haven’t appeared together in decades, but I thought I saw present-day ABBA, but it was just holograms, WHAT A MEAN UNEXPECTED TURN OF EVENTS

For once I was ahead of the curve in reselling my tickets :eyes:
:disco: I’m sure I’ve already said this but I never signed the NO REPETITION contract (:)): I do find the concept of applauding HOLOGRAMS a bit weird and I’m sure people will go home crying or feeling empty inside

Never mind though, some exquisite high end eateries in Westfield to fill that pesky hole :disco:

:disco: I’m sure I’ve already said this but I never signed the NO REPETITION contract (:)): I do find the concept of applauding HOLOGRAMS a bit weird and I’m sure people will go home crying or feeling empty inside
There is a live band with backing singers so at least someone will hear the applause

as well as the current-day members of ABBA as they take their bows every night

At least they can't forget the words .... or are they sat in another room singing while their holograms do all the hard work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom