ABBA - Voyage

Just in the pub and it’s weird hearing Little Things as part of a Christmas playlist

It actually sounded really nice for the first time

Just in the pub and it’s weird hearing Little Things as part of a Christmas playlist

It actually sounded really nice for the first time
I'm unconvinced. I may wait a few more weeks until I'm feeling more festive.

It was sandwiched between some Matt Gertz rendition of Winter Wonderland (horrible voice) and Merry Christmas everyone

I do think it will become a bit of a recurrent, whether it charts I wouldn’t think so unless it gets a release?

I find it unlikely that it will, considering there was little interest last time. I don't even get much sense from Abba fans that they like it - I think it's been bottom of nearly every fan poll I've seen of the album.

I do think they ought to double A it with the annual physical Happy New Year 7" though - that seems a logical place for it, particularly considering it's for UNICEF. Chiquitita must make them a lovely sum each year, but as it stands Little Things must pull in about as much as a class doing a sponsored walk.

Last edited:
I find it unlikely that it will, considering there was little interest last time. I don't even get much sense from Abba fans that they like it - I think it's been bottom of nearly every fan poll I've seen of the album.

I do think they ought to double A it with three annual physical Happy New Year 7" though - that seems a logical place for it, particularly considering it's for UNICEF. Chiquitita must make them a lovely sum each year, but as it stands Little Things must pull in about as much as a class doing a sponsored walk.

That’s a stellar idea

The timing and cut offs are really weird from Grammy’s aren’t they? As you say though, to have songs released the same day in different years makes no sense. Unless DLMD was only ‘sent to radio’ or something afterwards?
2022 Grammy's: Released Sep 20 - Sep 21
2023 Grammy's: Released Sep 21 - Sep 22

ISHFIY was cunningly released on 2 September 2021 as a dual single alongside DSMD, thus making them eligible for nominations both years.

That's LAST year, silly! Can't you tell by the 2021 Christmas jumper?

Obviously they haven't roped anyone in to wear the 2022 version yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom