ABBA - Voyage

This is according to a poster on AbbaTalk - apparently Zoe played JAN earlier and then announced it.

Bumblebee and Ode to Freedom are not a million miles apart are they? They both have the same tempo and similar instrumentation. Ode feels a bit more mercurial. Def cut from the same cloth tho

current BEST TO WORST

10 Don't Shut Me Down
09 When You Danced With Me
09 Just a Notion
09 Ode to Freedom
08 I Still Have Faith In You
08 Keep An Eye on Dan
08 Bumblebee
07 Little Things
06 No Doubt About It
04 I Can Be That Woman

Where I'm at

10 I Still Have Faith In You
10 Don't Shut Me Down
09 Ode To Freedom
09 Keep An Eye On Dan
08 Bumblebee
08 No Doubt About It
08 When You Danced With Me
07 Just A Notion
06 I Can Be That Woman
05 Little Things

11 Don't Shut Me Down
10 Keep An Eye On Dan
09 When You Danced With Me
09 No Doubt About It
09 I Could Be That Woman
09 Just A Notion
07 I Still Have Faith In You
07 Ode To Freedom
06 Bumblebee
05 Little Things

I Could Be That Woman hit me different this morning. Tammy definitely needs to be a floozy the man sleeps with after their row though, not a stupid dog. Replace "tail" with "ass" and you're halfway there.

Waiting to make sure the album's a hit before she makes even the minimum possible effort on its behalf. Queen. :disco:

I love her accent (and voice) as well, and it really intrigues me, because unlike the other members of the group she doesn't live in Sweden, and presumably speaks English at home, unless her English Viscount speaks Swedish, which must be unlikely. As far as I'm aware she hasn't lived in Sweden for years, unlike all the rest of them. I'm not sure Benny (and definitely not Agnetha) have ever left Sweden. I don't think Frida has lived in Sweden for about 40 years.

Not that I'm necessarily expecting her to have no accent - I just find the one she does have interesting. And delightful.

Last edited:
Yeah, she said in her Skavlan interview years ago, that she would soon have lived in Switzerland longer than she did in Scandinavia.

It was a LOVELY interview. Just going back to listen again.

It's around 8.35am if anyone is listening on Sounds.

It was longer than I expected - about 25 minutes including three songs (Just A Notion, Bumblebee and I Let The Music Speak). Big gay highlight was Frida praising Agnetha's voice and saying it was like being in the recording studio with her little sister. And talking of Abba's link with the UK, and how she calls her partner her 'bloody Englishman'. And of course saying how she was surprised to hear B&B say this was absolutely the end, because she would never say never.

Also pleased that she said she was calling from her 'Mediterranean island' (I assume her Mallorca holiday home), which presumably indicates her health is good - there was much speculation amongst Abba fans regarding her health after she moved home in Switzerland right next to some sort of clinic. She certainly sounded on top form.

I think I'm going to listen to it again right now. And cry a little more.

love the idea of Frida taking the villa next door to Dignitas just to troll the insane stans who employ paparazzi to track the movements of their favourite 70-something popstars :disco:

When DID Frida last do a UK interview?
No idea - I'm guessing for either Something's Going On or Shine?

She's attended various Mamma Mia related events here over the years, but I don't THINK she has been interviewed in any major way for them

Oh that really is a lovely interview. She appears very in touch with it all, contrary to what her absence prior to this point might suggest.

She did a Ken Bruce interview and one or two others with Bjorn in 2014 for the launch of some ABBA book. I think that was the last UK one and I don’t think there has been anything at all from her for about five years.

I think I could particularly weep when she mentions how she hopes Abba will be remembered

She did a Ken Bruce interview and one or two others with Bjorn in 2014 for the launch of some ABBA book. I think that was the last UK one and I don’t think there has been anything at all from her for about five years.
Oh that big photo book that she went to the launch of at Tate Modern? I've completely forgotten that. I just remember paying a stupid amount of money to get his name written in the back of it!

Zoe Ball seems to be the official ABBA interviewer these days. Good for her.

Zoe Ball seems to be the official ABBA interviewer these days. Good for her.
Predictably there has been sniping in certain circles. But I think she did a marvellous job today.

I thought she's been great in both this and the interview with B&B. Clearly a fan but she got the enthusiasm just right.

Benny and Bjorn certainly seemed fond of her, even if certain quarters of the fan community are less so.

Benny and Bjorn certainly seemed fond of her, even if certain quarters of the fan community are less so.
Totally unrealistic expectations of an interview expected to appeal to as many people as possible, rather than 0.1% of the audience who are Abba loons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom