ABBA - Voyage

Finally relistening after a while, I haven’t rinsed it out like some of you.

Ready to give Little Things a chance but NO. Why does the twee stuff about children’s giggles have to mixed with such baldly sexual suggestions? Rotten :D

My copy of one of the US exclusives turned up today, which means EVERYTHING has arrived, thank Kylie, as it's been exhausting trying to keep up with it all.

Now just the Little Things merch to worry about :eyes: And the Australian vinyl when it's released next year. And the credit card bill :D

Keep an eye on Dan could’ve been a real centrepiece if it hadn’t been such lyrical dogshit
There's a series of videos on YouTube where people have isolated the backing vocals and various aspects of the tracks.

The Keep An Eye On Dan one has B&B's backing vocals, and I'm sure they would only make you appreciate it more. Something about how great she looks because she's lost weight.

It’s really grown on me too. Initially, I thought it was twee and overly simple but now I think its lyrical naivety works in its favour.

I just heard Radio 2 play a weird edit of Don't Shut Me Down. it had an extended instrumental section before the first verse, an extended first chorus, and some different instrumentation in the verse, like cowbells or something. what is this? :D sounded like a fanmade 12" edit or something.

I've certainly not heard anything about an official mix

I just heard Radio 2 play a weird edit of Don't Shut Me Down. it had an extended instrumental section before the first verse, an extended first chorus, and some different instrumentation in the verse, like cowbells or something. what is this? :D sounded like a fanmade 12" edit or something.
There is a mix (I think a fan one?) on YouTube that sounds like this ...

I’ve just listened back… it’s not the version that @lolly posted but yes it does sound like a dodgy fan made version. Wonder where it came from and how it ended up on the radio!

Apparently it's a version made by Malcolm Prince, the producer of the show.

I still have no idea which of Tisch and Iguana is which either. For a while I tried but now I accept it as part of their mystique for me.

I think I can tell their moopy personas apart though.

Will Agnetha come out of hiding for the award ceremony or will they send the ABBAtars in their place?

That is a surprise! Is that some kind of longlist or is it the final shortlist?

Have they ever been nominated for a Grammy?

Nothing for Voyage…? Or are they still being announced?

EDIT: oh it’s outside the eligibility period, never mind.

15% off in the Abba store today with the code ABBABF, for anyone still to order their Christmas jumper/scarf or any of the multiple formats.

This one takes a while to get going, but I think it's my favourite one so far.

F6D5FE19-D728-41B6-A8FB-6338623804CD.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom