ABBA - Voyage

Pingu

Noot noot
I can’t remember whether The Sun is on the Moopy shit-list or not, but they’ve just published an “exclusive” about the new single and are running with 3rd September as well.

I know it’s The Sun, but they’ve included quite a bit of specific info about the hologram show (it will be called ABBA Voyage and open in a purpose-built venue in East London next year apparently) so I’m tempted to just trust it… why the hell not at this stage?

That's in just over a WEEK :o

Alert GIF by memecandy

Their Instagram countdown thing is nearly done so I’m expecting the date to be made “official” in the coming day or two.

Quote this in a year when we still haven’t heard anything. :(

I'm choosing to believe it. And beginning to lower my expectations.

I've been enjoying the 4k videos in the meantime. Lovely crisp imagery of Frida's broken teeth.

Last edited:
Now I love ABBA as much, if not more than the next mincing queen, but I can't do much more than a few hours at a time.

Copied from a poster on AbbaTalk

The text was:
Den 2 september skrivs ett nytt kapitel i musikhistorien. En storslagen kväll på Gröna Lund går av stapeln, synkad med färgsprakande event på flera platser runt om i världen. Från Stockholm till Berlin och New York – en kväll du väntat på. En kväll du inte vill missa.

Quick translation:
2 Sep marks the start of a new chapter in music history. A grand evening at Gröna Lund, synchronized with colourful events at several locations around the world. From Stockholm to Berlin and New York - an evening you've been waiting for. An evening you do not want to miss.

@lolly I've moved this thread out of the Archive so you don't need a minimum post count to see it. Might be worth updating the thread title to refer to ABBA Voyage (I didn't want to step on your toes)

Copied from a poster on AbbaTalk

The text was:
Den 2 september skrivs ett nytt kapitel i musikhistorien. En storslagen kväll på Gröna Lund går av stapeln, synkad med färgsprakande event på flera platser runt om i världen. Från Stockholm till Berlin och New York – en kväll du väntat på. En kväll du inte vill missa.

Quick translation:
2 Sep marks the start of a new chapter in music history. A grand evening at Gröna Lund, synchronized with colourful events at several locations around the world. From Stockholm to Berlin and New York - an evening you've been waiting for. An evening you do not want to miss.
Who doesn't love a GRAND EVENING

I'm quite anxious about this.

I do trust Benny and Bjorn but it's been FORTY YEARS. I know they were still capable writers in the 1980s, but it's been such a long time.

And the girls weren't exactly at performance peak when they appeared together a few years back.

From what I’ve heard of the girls (in studio form, but that’s all that matters here), they are both still in fine voice and sound very much like themselves.

What I am concerned about, or rather curious about, is how they’ll sound together these days. Frida’s voice has got deeper and Agnetha’s voice has got thinner, which is fine, it’s what happens. But will they still complement one another as well as they did?

I'm sure with studio trickery they can sound in fine voice. It's the songs I'm more concerned about.

Reactions: Zu
So anxious that one of them may drop dead in the next seven days right now

Maybe a duet with Dua Lipa, a trip to Max Martin's studio and another Eurovision entry :)

Sorry everyone, it’s going to be amazing and reach the heights of their greatest moments :)

jinkx-jinkx-monsoon.gif

Isn't the main song they were teasing before a BALLAD? With an uptempo bside?
Yes, and ignore nasty hateful Uncle Zu, it's sure to be even better than The Winner Takes It All. And definitely not Suzy Hang Around part two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom