ABBA - Voyage

I was thinking about what other acts might try something like this, now that Voyage is already such a success but it's hard to think of groups who are A. all still alive to do the motion capture stuff (holograms/avatars of dead people are nowhere near as interesting and I think most people just find them weird), B. not already touring as their human selves and C. popular enough to make a whole avatar production worthwhile

ABBA truly are unique :disco: At least they will be until the other Spice Girls beg Victoria to walk around and point for a bit in a motion capture suit so they can bring her along on their next tour

And that was one of the nicer places I’ve visited in London.
:D I mean one can go to so-called posh places like Knightsbridge and it's all DEAD RATS PILED HIGH

Dead limbless orphans as well obviously but at least they're all wearing CHANEL :disco:

Are you in London? I'm sure I would if it wasn't for the travel.
Yes and actually will be just a few DLR stops away from the arena when it opens. In my defence I’m going with different people each time so even if I’m a bit bored of it by the 3rd visit I’ll still be able to enjoy their reactions.

I must book this ASAP. It's really direct from here. Don't think I'll even need to use the underground.

I saw photos of the digital ads in Times Square on Facebook last night. Totally got a semi on.

I was thinking about what other acts might try something like this, now that Voyage is already such a success but it's hard to think of groups who are A. all still alive to do the motion capture stuff (holograms/avatars of dead people are nowhere near as interesting and I think most people just find them weird), B. not already touring as their human selves and C. popular enough to make a whole avatar production worthwhile

ABBA truly are unique :disco: At least they will be until the other Spice Girls beg Victoria to walk around and point for a bit in a motion capture suit so they can bring her along on their next tour

they could beam LSL in for the Steps tour :disco:

or they could jiggle a black dress on a wire hanger around instead of Victoria

Fleetwood Mac should get in on the action seeing as Stevie and Lindsey can't bear to be in the same room.

I seriously wonder if that ONE PHOTO is it from them as far as promo goes.

Do we think Frida is staying quiet as a courtesy to Agnetha so the attention isn't all specifically on why SHE isn't participating more?

She's not struck me as being as publicity shy in general.

Do we think Frida is staying quiet as a courtesy to Agnetha so the attention isn't all specifically on why SHE isn't participating more?

Ha yes, no, not at all. Key word: BRASSY

No idea. But the occasions of Frida out attending events over the last few years have very much dried up.

And I've seen speculation regarding her health which I'm very much choosing to ignore.

No idea. But the occasions of Frida out attending events over the last few years have very much dried up.

And I've seen speculation regarding her health which I'm very much choosing to ignore.
Oh please God no. I've fretted for years about one of them dying and it would be even WORSE NOW!

giphy.gif

:sweden:

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: COB
Just read an independent article that says it’s going to be a 4 year residency.

I did wonder about this as well. It would have been quite jarring if three of the four of them had been there last week.

Still, it doesn’t take much to put your face on and record a couple of video greetings does it? Especially now they have the platform for it.

Back to the discussion of who else might do this, Elton John feels like a no-brainer. His current tour is supposed to be his last and you can bet he'll be eyeing his legacy.

Just checking the tfl planner, and by bus it will take longer to get from Paddington to the venue than it will for me to get from Bristol to London :D
Decent chance that Crossrail will be open by the time this is, so you can go direct from Paddington to Stratford.

Back to the discussion of who else might do this, Elton John feels like a no-brainer. His current tour is supposed to be his last and you can bet he'll be eyeing his legacy.
Cher, surely?

Although with both, it feels like it'd be more sensible for them to do the work now and hold off the announcement/launch for a few years - not as if there's much pent up demand if you've only just stopped touring...

Saw this on nme.com today

The show has been put together by Svana Gisla (who produced Jay-Z and Beyoncé‘s On the Run Tour), choreographer Wayne McGregor, Johan Renck (who directed David Bowie‘s videos for ‘Blackstar’ and ‘Lazarus’), Baillie Walsh (who has directed for Massive Attack and Bruce Springsteen) and producer Ludvig Andersson (son of ABBA’s Benny Andersson and producer of And Then We Danced, Yung Lean‘s ‘In My Head’ and Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again).

Wasn't Simon Fuller involved with it when it was first mentioned? I don't recall hearing his name at all now...

Wasn't Simon Fuller involved with it when it was first mentioned? I don't recall hearing his name at all now...

I think they said he was the first person to suggest the idea to them or something like that

2018 Eurovision You Decide 'hopeful' RAYA is doing backing vocals

I'm obviously a flop ABBA fan but what backing vocals? Doesn't each of the ladies do that job when the other one sings? Or if they're singing together they harmonise?

I'm obviously a flop ABBA fan but what backing vocals? Doesn't each of the ladies do that job when the other one sings? Or if they're singing together they harmonise?
They always had backing vocalists on tour. I don't think they did on record - or at least they certainly didn't all the time.

Perhaps it's to give the show more of a 'live' feel?

Exactly, and presumably if they are using old live vocals, as Benny suggested at one point, then they won’t have recorded backing vocals by the girls so it makes sense to have the band do them if they’re there anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom