ABBA - Voyage

I'm going old skool and will duly troop to either HMV or Fopp tomorrow to acquire this. Will probably bag Radiohead's KID AMNESIA thingy as well although it's looking quite expensive and it might be worth holding off.

I'm going without my customary cocoa nightcap in order to stay awake and be bright and alert in readiness to listen to this at midnight. I forget which package I ordered in my panic buy to secure pre-sale ticket codes, but I know it included an item of clothing, a CD, a cassette and I'm hoping it's the Agnetha artwork because I'll be slightly miffed if Benny turns up on my doorstep.

This has been postponed until tomorrow, following the deaths of two people at an Abba tribute act gig in Sweden last night. Apparently a man in his 80s fell from the 7th floor of the venue, killing another person and injuring one more.

The winner takes it all, the loser has to fall :(

Now someone way down here loses someone dear :(

Slightly concerned I've not had a single email confirming dispatch yet :(

Mr L has decided he's NOT going to stay up until midnight and listen to it :o

I very much WILL be :disco:

No he very much IS the bigger fan - I'm loon by proxy.

I suspect he will change his mind, or 'won't be able to sleep'.

Goodness! I am counting down the hours and whipping myself up into a positive frenzy...but that's just a normal Thursday afternoon for me as it's my day off work.

Although the preorder is a bit confusing, I can’t see how much it’s GOING to cost because I’ve preordered, but I’d rather like to know. I know it’s nibbled away at it when the 3 singles downloaded and I was charged so 🤷🏻‍♂️

OMG, I'd totally forgotten I've ordered two Japanese exclusives as well

I’m so excited I’m going to play on my balcony

I didn't want to make my 100th post here on Moopy in a thread about Boris "fucking" Johnson, instead I'd much rather make it here in the ABBA forum and wish you a lovely session on your balcony.

(I also hope you enjoy the listening experience that you are mere minutes away from enjoying!)

I'm torn because I hate spoilers and I am so eagerly anticipating this. I might just disappear from here for the rest of today and let everyone else decide and then pop back tomorrow once I've listened to the album myself.

I did look until you got to DSMD, but realised it was just frustrating me not being able to listen as well.

Incidentally in one of the Facebook groups they are doing a poll based on first reactions, and then someone is collating the results. They had DSMD at #1, ISHFIY at #3, and Bumblebee at #10. I think Just A Notion was either #7 or #8.

Two of them not already released are top tier chez moi!

Gonna go back and give it all another listen straight away

I was going to wait until midnight but fuck it, I’m in quarantine.

Great album on the whole. Really feels like an ABBA who have lived whole lives. A few songs that didn’t quite click with me but that’s OK, I’ve got my whole life for that.

The little SOS sample at the end of Dan is a proper lovely touch.

The biggest remaining record store in Melbourne have Gold blasting on their speakers but not a single copy of Voyage available due to stocking problems

Needless to say I have called the police

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom