ABBA - Voyage

Wednesday afternoon
Presumably there must be hold ups on some other parts of my order. I thought the P&P was expensive enough without choosing the 'dispatch as it becomes available' option.

Dear customer,

Thank you for buying a copy of Abba ‘Voyage’ from our store, it is very exciting to be releasing the first album of new music in 40 years from such a legendary band.

We are very sorry to have to disappoint any Abba fan at this special time, but due to a production delay on one of the formats you ordered (we had a printing press go up in flames destroying the first batch of sleeves, but luckily not injuring anyone), we are running late with the stock and have not been able to ship to you for release date.

The album will be with you very shortly, but so there is no delay in you hearing the music, we would like to offer you a free download code to be redeemed at the link below.

And the buggers clearly aren't sorry enough to send out the unaffected part of the order!

Last edited:
I think that's why they're including the download link. it counts if downloaded this week, otherwise when it ships

The download counts separately I believe, so if it's attached to a purchase and they send one out and it's downloaded, it counts for 2 sales.

Saint Etienne were trying to get everyone to use the download cards in their recent albums for the same reason.

I think that's why they're including the download link. it counts if downloaded this week, otherwise when it ships
I'm only going to download it ONCE though, aren't I? I ordered about 15 formats or whatever it was.

OT: I've popped the deluxe Voulez Vous on to forget this SORRY MESS EVER HAPPENED and I'm still surprised when the intro to Gimme Gimme Gimme doesn't BANG quite as hard as it does in Hung Up EVERY SINGLE TIME :D

Dear customer,

Thank you for buying a copy of Abba ‘Voyage’ from our store, it is very exciting to be releasing the first album of new music in 40 years from such a legendary band.

We are very sorry to have to disappoint any Abba fan at this special time, but due to a production delay on one of the formats you ordered (we had a printing press go up in flames destroying the first batch of sleeves, but luckily not injuring anyone), we are running late with the stock and have not been able to ship to you for release date.

The album will be with you very shortly, but so there is no delay in you hearing the music, we would like to offer you a free download code to be redeemed at the link below.
viola-davis-over-it.gif

OT: I've popped the deluxe Voulez Vous on to forget this SORRY MESS EVER HAPPENED and I'm still surprised when the intro to Gimme Gimme Gimme doesn't BANG quite as hard as it does in Hung Up EVERY SINGLE TIME :D
You know, I suspect once the loon-phoria dies down (i.e. by the end of today) I will be joining you in calling this a bit of a SORRY MESS. Ultimately I think this will go down in history as a rare REVERSE DOUBLE ENDED SUEDEY U-BEND-U-TURN where I go from liking something to not liking it very much.

You know, I suspect once the loon-phoria dies down (i.e. by the end of today) I will be joining you in calling this a bit of a SORRY MESS. Ultimately I think this will go down in history as a rare REVERSE DOUBLE ENDED SUEDEY U-BEND-U-TURN where I go from liking something to not liking it very much.

I'm genuinely hoping I go the other way. I'm just a bit BAFFLED as to the reaction so far. But then I messaged a friend about it who said "Oh they could just be breathing into the microphone for an hour and I'd be happy" which kinda SUMS IT UP.

According to the liner notes, Bjorn doesn’t actually play at all on this album. Now, I know that his contribution to the group is fairly obvious, but still it’s a strange setup that a member of the band only actually features on a couple of his own band’s songs in backing vocal capacity.

“It’s a sorry mess”
“The loons are so easily pleased”
“Gimme Gimme Gimme is shitter than I remember”

I must say @Sheena you’re doing an expert job of not pissing on chips. :D

I'm genuinely hoping I go the other way. I'm just a bit BAFFLED as to the reaction so far. But then I messaged a friend about it who said "Oh they could just be breathing into the microphone for an hour and I'd be happy" which kinda SUMS IT UP.
Well it might for YOU, can't you just be happy for people enjoying it?

“It’s a sorry mess”
“The loons are so easily pleased”
“Gimme Gimme Gimme is shitter than I remember”

I must say @Sheena you’re doing an expert job of not pissing on chips. :D

Three words for you.

MAGIC STILL EXISTS.

I've started listening and had to stop a few times because of work.

I like most of what I've heard. It's NICE, it's COSY.

Well it might for YOU, can't you just be happy for people enjoying it?

Note I used the word BAFFLED. Cause I'm not ANNOYED or UPSET, it's just WEIRD to me.

I'm more likely to get annoyed at the fact we're clearly not allowed to say anything against it! :D

I started to play the album this morning and the 1-2 punch of I Still Have Faith in You and When You Danced With Me absolutely floored me, and I had to regain my composure and ready myself for work (I put on Nicole Scherzinger - Poison)

There is something about When You Danced With Me that speaks to my soul and it’s a feeling I find it difficult to describe. I read the lazy Guardian review this morning by a journalist more concerned with getting laughs than actually listening and I realised that it really doesn’t matter what the naysayers think; if you don’t get it then I just feel sad for you!

Note I used the word BAFFLED. Cause I'm not ANNOYED or UPSET, it's just WEIRD to me.

I'm more likely to get annoyed at the fact we're clearly not allowed to say anything against it! :D
I should point out (and NOT just because you’ve got me banged to rights about the Agnes thing) that I’m not trying to be the enjoyment police - it’s a shame you don’t like it but go ahead and shout it from the rooftops if you must.

I just noted you’ve gone on a voyage of your own from being reluctant to put a dampener on things earlier.

I'm currently subjected to someone devoid of any critical acumen as far as they are concerned prattle on (and on and on), so I'm open to any criticism.

Back from HMV - no stock of the CD edition of Radiohead's "Kid A Mnesia" so I'm back home with a Brian Eno album I didn't previously own and the ABBAtar edition of "Voyage". They had their own editions, the normal jewelcase CD, the completely useless boxed one and the regular vinyl. Plenty to be had. HMV and Fopp both stone dead but this is pretty much the norm now.

I should point out (and NOT just because you’ve got me banged to rights about the Agnes thing) that I’m not trying to be the enjoyment police - it’s a shame you don’t like it but go ahead and shout it from the rooftops if you must.

I just noted you’ve gone on a voyage of your own from being reluctant to put a dampener on things earlier.

I have said throughout I want to be wrong though and hope it grows.

I'm going to pop out for a few groceries and then I'll invade the first impressions thread. BE WARNED!

And while someone who doesn't get DSMD doesn't deserve being listened to quite frankly, I'll take on anyone who defends Little Things.

I'm just happy it exists, regardless of whether I properly love it or not. And there's enough on the album for me to be happy with it.

The alternative was no more new music, ever, and never knowing what might have been. At least this way we KNOW!

ITunes Sweden

1NEWABBA - No Doubt About It
2NEWABBA - Just A Notion
3NEWABBA - I Can Be That Woman
4-2Ed Sheeran - Shivers
5+3Adele - Easy On Me
6NEWABBA - Ode To Freedom
7NEWABBA - When You Danced With Me
8NEWSpiller - Groovejet (If This Ain't Love) [feat. Sophie Ellis-Bextor] [Purple Disco Machine & Lorenz Rhode Remix]
9-2ABBA - Don't Shut Me Down
10NEWABBA - Keep An Eye On Dan
11NEWPost Malone & The Weeknd - One Right Now
12NEWABBA - Bumblebee
13NEWABBA - Dancing Queen
14-13Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (PNAU Remix)
15-3Swedish House Mafia & The Weeknd - Moth To A Flame
16=Lost Frequencies & Calum Scott - Where Are You Now
17-14Thomas Stenström - Sweet Jackie
18NEWU2 - Your Song Saved My Life (From Sing 2)
19NEWMauro Scocco - Vi Kommer Mötas Igen
20NEWBruno Mars, Anderson .Paak & Silk Sonic - Smokin Out The Window
21NEWLittle Mix - Between Us
22NEWPost Malone & The Weeknd - One Right Now
23NEWAlfie Templeman - 3D Feelings
24NEWAlok - Wherever You Go (feat. John Martin)
25NEWThe Kid LAROI & Justin Bieber - STAY
26-16ABBA - I Still Have Faith In You
27-14Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti
28-13The Weeknd - Take My Breath
29NEWTiësto & Ava Max - The Motto
30NEWABBA - Little Things

Slightly ironic really that they’ve finally written a song about me NOW

It sounds to me like a son the persona shares with an ex, giving him to the ex-husband for the weekend and picking him up on a Sunday

I’ve just come back to this song and checked the lyrics :D WHY is this the story but the music is so dramatic? Like she’s going to drive off and be a spy or something :D

Just had the black and orange vinyls delivered from amazon. Unlike the blue indie vinyl, the orange has no sticker saying it's orange, or even any sticker at all (unlike the standard). Different catalogue numbers, though.

Just had the black and orange vinyls delivered from amazon. Unlike the blue indie vinyl, the orange has no sticker saying it's orange, or even any sticker at all (unlike the standard). Different catalogue numbers, though.

I love this. I though him indoors was the Abba loon :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom