ABBA - Voyage

I lucked out with the jigsaw (well, YOU KNOW) as it was very limited and I just happened to be online when it was made available.

Sometimes I wonder about him dying first (he's 7 years older so probably not unlikely, although i think his lot tend to last longer than mine) and what I'll have to do with it all.

Obviously FLOG IT and go on a CRUISE.

I often imagine lolly’s house to look like an Abba version of this.

19229481-DBB6-4F54-B1B2-6A4B3E579F42.jpeg

I lucked out with the jigsaw (well, YOU KNOW) as it was very limited and I just happened to be online when it was made available.

Sometimes I wonder about him dying first (he's 7 years older so probably not unlikely, although i think his lot tend to last longer than mine) and what I'll have to do with it all.
LANDFILL DARLING :disco:

Mr Sheena has already asked for my Discogs password in a safe place so it's just EASIER for him :D

Are the Abba Talk ones still held above some pub in Hammersmith?
The ones I went to were, but I imagine that the management have now banned them because of the relentless drizzling from the front bottom and following through which occurs whenever the fabled Portuguese version of The Day Before You Came is mentioned in hushed yet hysterical tones :(

I was a bit disturbed by the ABBA disco (and screeching) which followed each event. I love ABBA of course but not NON-STOP ALL NIGHT!

Flog it all to another loon and live your winter years like a king!

EDIT: Missed page 27, I see this has been covered.

I was a bit disturbed by the ABBA disco (and screeching) which followed each event. I love ABBA of course but not NON-STOP ALL NIGHT!
But the inevitable closing singalong to The Way Old Friends Do is EVER SO MOVING

:D They're all so shockingly spiteful about each other. "Oh well I'm not as much of a loon as HER", "FAT PIG", etc.
I think it's probably true of any extreme fandom, isn't it?

Obviously I didn't indulge in any such cruel judgements. I thought all the homemade I LOVE AGNETHA t-shirts were just lovely :)

I've put my tickets for the hologram show up for sale, I realised that I had just got caught up in the hype and can't really be arsed going down to London for it (I haven't even listened to the new album :o). I put it on Ticketmaster's secondary resale thing, but if anyone wants them let me know and we could sort something out directly instead (two tickets for 22/7, £55 each face value).

Looking back now (although I'm sure many felt it at the time), the hype WAS utterly ludicrous for a bloody avatar show. Obviously there was the album to get excited about as well if you're a fan, but clearly the £££ is all in the show, and the album was only ever really a way of building the hype and selling that.

The Abba Voyage website only seems to have resale tickets available for that date @COB, so hopefully you won't need to lose out. I imagine you may need to hold your nerve and wait for the show to open with a bit more publicity (well, assuming it's good publicity) to get back what you paid, though.

I still think it's a decent record tho'. Some good songs, some OK songs and "Little Things" which, if I owned the album on vinyl, I would scratch off the damn thing.

I've put my tickets for the hologram show up for sale, I realised that I had just got caught up in the hype and can't really be arsed going down to London for it (I haven't even listened to the new album :o). I put it on Ticketmaster's secondary resale thing, but if anyone wants them let me know and we could sort something out directly instead (two tickets for 22/7, £55 each face value).
I somehow resisted getting caught up in the tour excitement, mainly because the prospect of applauding holograms feels a bit fucking weird to me and isn’t that much different to CLAPPING AT THE TELLY

Also :D at “I haven’t even listened to the new album.” POP SOPHIE (RIP) ON INSTEAD* :disco:

*I can just about do that these days myself

New CD and album boxsets coming end of May including Voyage now but nothing else except a new booklet. £50 for the CD and £190 for the vinyl currently on amazon.

Then picture discs of all the albums being released in June, although at the moment I can only see them in the fan club shop for €30 each, or a bundle excluding Voyage for €200, or including it for €230. Both include a FREE(!) tote and slipmat.

Nominated for 4 Grammy Awards :disco:

Record of the Year (Don’t Shut Me Down)
Pop Duo/Group Vocal (Don’t Shut Me Down)
Album of the Year (Voyage)
Best Pop Vocal Album (Voyage)
How did Don't Shut Me Down qualify for this year, while I Still Have Faith In You was nominated in the same category last year?

The timing and cut offs are really weird from Grammy’s aren’t they? As you say though, to have songs released the same day in different years makes no sense. Unless DLMD was only ‘sent to radio’ or something afterwards?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom