Agnes - Magic Still Exists (+ Here Comes The Night)

the chorus (?) of Selfmade has a melody that's very reminiscent of "who is the master and who is the slave" from Voices and it's sending me :D

@Suedey

Popjustice was wrong, because XX, the first new song I've heard, is clearly a NEW BANGER

should we do a sync at 11.30? or is there a time that works better for people?

Selfmade - NEW BANGER alert. Very different than I was expecting but still

I'm about to play this and was preparing a straight-jacket and tissues in case of excessive shaking and crying but it seems that won't be necessary.

My interest did wane a TAD towards the end but it’s still a SOLID album. I’m quite the fan :disco:

XX was basically the only new great one on here but it still STANDS UP as an album to have on while a gentleman caller is over of an evening

Whether it's a good thing or not I'll leave for you to decide, but it's giving this middle aged gay all that he wants from a pop album in 2021.

This is pretty wonderful, one or two of the interludes aside. Good Life wouldn't really have fitted so I get that being skipped. Very happy with the four new songs, even though one or two more would have been appreciated.

Reactions: D5K
I find the pricing of this album a little odd in that it’s pretty much a glorified EP really and both Amazon and iTunes are selling it for over a tenner. I’ll stick to some streams for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: D5K
The whole thing is great but I'm disappointed there are only seven songs.

Nothing quite hitting the dizzying heights of the three lead singles - but the new stuff is thoroughly enjoyable.

this album is really very silly and it's giving me life. the nonsense interlude sermons :D it's all so much fun.

08 XX
10 24 Hours
08.5 Here Comes the Night
09.5 Love and Appreciation
09 Selfmade
09 Fingers Crossed
07.5 Magic Still Exists

it takes a—
OOH. A-A-AH-A-A.

After 3 listens, I think Selfmade is my favorite non-single. Its WTF-ness kind of reminds me of Skirt by Kylie

XX is sublime. Love and Appreciation is a cute 90s disco moment. Magic Still Exists just needs a different backing track to make it bawp. Overall, a minor triumph.

p05q2by5.jpg

Love & Appreciation is the winner on Spotify, debuting at 76 in Sweden.

That's a bit tamped down though as 25 of the tracks above her are by a popular Swedish rapper who was shot dead over the weekend.

Oh yes Fingers Crossed aside this project has been horribly slept on so far, but you've got to take the wins where you can find them I guess!

I really like this album! There's a few growers to be discovered after just one listen. But it's a cohesive relistenable warm album.

She's the AG NESS MONSTER!

I just can't get over "Here Comes The Night".

I thought Jessie Ware had song of the year wrapped up with "Please" but "Here Comes The Night" is truly beyond astonishing on every level.

AgnesGif2.gif

Can’t be often a singer has had my favourite song of the year two years in a row, but here we are…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom