Aimee Mann - Queens of the Summer Hotel

On first listen I like it but don't love it. It's a bit like Mental Illness crossed with the songs from Magnolia. So I get the concept. But I think I need some time with it.
It’s always more time with Aimee for it to unveil itself. Bachelor No2 and Lost In Space took quite a while with me, now they are two of my all time fave albums by anyone.

When I went into the record shop just now they had 3 cds. When I left there were none (yes, I only bought one). #soldout

The album grows on each listen for me. ‘In Mexico’ is starting to push herself front and centre. The album charted at #53 on the Album Sales Chart.

There are songs I enjoy individually but as a whole the album leaves me a little cold, in particular some of the arrangements.

I think the run from Burn It Out to the end is probably the most consistent part of it.

It reminds me so much of Whatever! The Queen Of Pop's transatlantic multiplatinum album on the alt gay '90s shart.

1. Lost In Space
2. Mental Illness
3. Smilers
4. Bachelor No. 2
5. The Forgotten Arm
6. QUEENS of the Summer Hotel
(Magnolia OST)
7. Whatever
8. Charmer
9. I'm With Stupid
10. One More Drifter In The Snow

An Aimeē Rankettē

1. Lost In Space
2. Fucking Smilers
3. Bachelor No. 2
(Or, The Last Remains Of The Dodo)

4. Mental Illness
5. The Forgotten Arm
(Magnolia OST)
6. Whatever
7. Queen of the Summer Hotel
8. Charmer
9. I'm With Stupid
10. One More Drifter In The Snow

This album has clicked majorly with me - mostly because I was reading Girl, Interrupted while listening to it on repeat.
Ugh so good.

I'm so addicted to this album
& Queen Aimee
in general at the moment

There is a girl
Up in her bed
BLADE against her skin
I SEE YOU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom