Alanis Morissette - 'Such Pretty Forks In The Road' (and 'Mix') OUT NOW!

I still don't know why you evil bitches all hate Havoc :D not much angst but so much loveliness. and plenty of actual tunes.

You can barely hear the tunes under the HAVOC that is the POTATO PRODUCTION though
giphy.gif

You're gonna say this when I have the power to ban you???
Maybe it’s just a testament to the quality of Firebird and he actually means they’re both fabulous?

So many album titles now being thrown about in this thread I’m wondering when and how Fetch The Bolt Cutters will fit into the equation.

You're gonna say this when I have the power to ban you???

I was trying to soften the blow by saying something good about Firebird :D a bit of a cheap move I admit

I didn’t dislike SPFITR or anything, I just wish I hadn’t read everyone’s transcendental experiences on here beforehand

1. Under Rug SWEPT / Feast on SCRAPS
2. Jagged Little Pill
3. Such Pretty Forks In The Road
4. Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie (I KNOW)
5. Flavors of Entangelement
6. HAVOC & Bright Lights
7. So-Called CHAOS

I've got some superwomaning to do myself. The album was a revelation, but to me she was on a high from Flavours and still gliding in banshee fantasia freefall on the likes of the soabgly angst-relinquishing Guardian so she's never really had an artistic stumble if you ask me.

I thought I was reading this thread just now but it was actually the tail end of the Kylie Guest List topic and was terribly confused.

I wouldn’t say she’s been on top form with every album but all of them have enough quality stuff on them to be worthwhile. SFIJ is still my #1.

‘Jagged’ is on Sky Documentaries on Dec 18th 1.50am. I know Alanis ended up not endorsing this film but I’ll watch anyway particularly as reviews and people who have seen it aren’t quite sure what she finds so salacious about it but I guess it may become clear when I see it.

Yeah, I read someone from Canada saying it was really good and they thought it might be the early pop star days and how her parents look at that time that might be the issue for her as they couldn’t see what else would be an issue.

I don't know why (as in no specific reason) but I love her so much in this interview.

I've not seen this before - and I love it too. She's not normally like this in modern eras. She's more in a sort of JLP/SFIJ headspace here of being quite serious and taking herself seriously, but with added maturity/confidence to be almost a bit impatient with the questions (very unusual for her these days - she normally humours any questions). As a result it feels quite raw and I of course love that.

I've not seen this before - and I love it too. She's not normally like this in modern eras. She's more in a sort of JLP/SFIJ headspace here of being quite serious and taking herself seriously, but with added maturity/confidence to be almost a bit impatient with the questions (very unusual for her these days - she normally humours any questions). As a result it feels quite raw and I of course love that.
Exactly. I'm far more used to this Alanis in interviews:

How interesting that the HAVOC era interviews are very SFIJ/JLP in terms of persona which is all rather discordant with the content of the album :eyes:

Last edited:
I'm revisiting Havoc as a result, and I have to agree with @Fairytale of New Jark really. There are some boppettes on this album for sure. Maybe the production isn't even that bad really.

Calling all HAVOC haters ( @All Iguana Xmas Is You @cheap lousy jiva )
We've lowered the bar on the
Behavior that we will take, come on JARK (@Fairytale of New Jark )
Calling all SUEDEY haters
Why must you vilify us
Are you willing to clean the slate?
Tischuann' down (@Merry Tischmas! )
TISCHWANN' down, oh

*checks the message for my name and wonder why it’s not there*

I randomly listened to "Everything" just now and feel it was a real misstep. It's just so... bland for her? I would've led with "Eight Easy Steps".

I agree as a stan but it actually did well for her I think.. and she was getting some good Ryan R d I guess, which may have clouded her judgement.

You see
Everything
You see
Every part
You see all my
Light
And you love
My
Dark

Wedding song 2022-2023 season for Mopsy Alt Gays (MAGs)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom