Alanis Morissette - 'Such Pretty Forks In The Road' (and 'Mix') OUT NOW!

Iguana

So throw the beauty on the fire
I actually made my own 1 minute edit which we walked down the aisle to and which I'm pretty pleased with. I'll see if I can find a way to post it here. The "asshole" line was of course removed :D

Suedey

Elle
I think my walking down the aisle song will have to be The LETTER by Queen Of Pop PJ Harvey

Actually we need a separate thread don't we for MAGs Aisle Songs.

Suedey

Elle
“can’t you see
in my handwriting
the CURVE of my G
the longing”

GTQN.gif

@NUT ROAST @cheap lousy jiva

Suedey

Elle
I think the first song to tear/open up on the dance floor after I walk down the aisle to 'The Letter' will of course be this:

I think the first song to tear/open up on the dance floor after I walk down the aisle to 'The Letter' will of course be this:

We met in the middle for our choice as I couldn’t get away with forcing a banshee track on them so we chose a soul/dance track we both liked. Should’ve just gone with PJ.

So is 'Eight Easy Steps' really about M. Ciccone? :eyes:
I don’t think so at all. I take it as a more literal self analysis/criticism of herself,albeit one where she is being hyper-harsh on herself, of things she’s felt she has been or is working on.

Suedey

Elle
queen of pop

1. ALANIS
2. NOW IS THE TIME
3. JAGGED LITTLE PILL
4. SUPPOSED FORMER INFATUATION JUNKIE
5. MTV UNPLUGGED
6. UNDER RUG SWEPT
7. FEAST ON SCRAPS
8. SO-CALLED CHAOS
9. THE COLLECTION
10. JAGGED LITTLE PIILL, ACOUSTIC
11. FLAVORS OF ENTANGLEMENT
12. HAVOC & BRIGHT LIGHTS

13. SUCH PRETTY FORKS IN THE ROAD

Suedey

Elle
'Edge of Revolution' is probably in my Alanis top 35.

Shall I go for an Alanis top Fifty gang?

Suedey

Elle
OK so I'm just listening to the Unplugged album on vinyl and 'That I Would Be Good' just destroyed me. :(

That I would be good
If I got
And stayed
Sick

I watched the documentary on New Year’s Eve before going round to some friends for drinks. Nothing like getting in the party mood. Actually, some of the songs they played did put me in a going out mood now that I think of it.

I thought she came across as pretty sweet and well overall. I’m not sure if she feels a bit exposed for being so honest in parts with hindsight. It’s one thing to allude to things in a song such as Hands Clean but altogether more public in an interview and she’s clearly a private person who feels things strongly.

Her reactions to the questions about whether having an all female band was a possibility and whether she’d ever considered extending the band to having a name on the billing as Alanis Morissette & the ….were interesting and showed some steel but I found both questions ridiculous to be fair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom