Alanis Morissette - 'Such Pretty Forks In The Road' (and 'Mix') OUT NOW!

I actually made my own 1 minute edit which we walked down the aisle to and which I'm pretty pleased with. I'll see if I can find a way to post it here. The "asshole" line was of course removed :D

I think my walking down the aisle song will have to be The LETTER by Queen Of Pop PJ Harvey

Actually we need a separate thread don't we for MAGs Aisle Songs.

“can’t you see
in my handwriting
the CURVE of my G
the longing”

GTQN.gif

@NUT ROAST @cheap lousy jiva

I think the first song to tear/open up on the dance floor after I walk down the aisle to 'The Letter' will of course be this:

So is 'Eight Easy Steps' really about M. Ciccone? :eyes:
I don’t think so at all. I take it as a more literal self analysis/criticism of herself,albeit one where she is being hyper-harsh on herself, of things she’s felt she has been or is working on.

queen of pop

1. ALANIS
2. NOW IS THE TIME
3. JAGGED LITTLE PILL
4. SUPPOSED FORMER INFATUATION JUNKIE
5. MTV UNPLUGGED
6. UNDER RUG SWEPT
7. FEAST ON SCRAPS
8. SO-CALLED CHAOS
9. THE COLLECTION
10. JAGGED LITTLE PIILL, ACOUSTIC
11. FLAVORS OF ENTANGLEMENT
12. HAVOC & BRIGHT LIGHTS

13. SUCH PRETTY FORKS IN THE ROAD

I watched the documentary on New Year’s Eve before going round to some friends for drinks. Nothing like getting in the party mood. Actually, some of the songs they played did put me in a going out mood now that I think of it.

I thought she came across as pretty sweet and well overall. I’m not sure if she feels a bit exposed for being so honest in parts with hindsight. It’s one thing to allude to things in a song such as Hands Clean but altogether more public in an interview and she’s clearly a private person who feels things strongly.

Her reactions to the questions about whether having an all female band was a possibility and whether she’d ever considered extending the band to having a name on the billing as Alanis Morissette & the ….were interesting and showed some steel but I found both questions ridiculous to be fair.

I watched the documentary on New Year’s Eve before going round to some friends for drinks. Nothing like getting in the party mood. Actually, some of the songs they played did put me in a going out mood now that I think of it.

I thought she came across as pretty sweet and well overall. I’m not sure if she feels a bit exposed for being so honest in parts with hindsight. It’s one thing to allude to things in a song such as Hands Clean but altogether more public in an interview and she’s clearly a private person who feels things strongly.

Her reactions to the questions about whether having an all female band was a possibility and whether she’d ever considered extending the band to having a name on the billing as Alanis Morissette & the ….were interesting and showed some steel but I found both questions ridiculous to be fair.

I watched it recently too. I didn't expect much given Alanis herself disavowed it, but I ended up being completely hooked and I'm fascinated as to what she didn't like about it. I thought the questions raised were interesting and necessary. There WAS a middle section about the bandmates having loads of sex on tour and the tone of the doc seemed to support it, so maybe that's what Alanis meant when she said her and the director's vision diverged. But it's ultimately a complimentary and never salacious take on the musician as she was and as she is now.

STOLEN from Facebook

[Verse 1]
This is where righteousness ends
It's a relief to wave this overdue white flag and
My blind spots have tortured you enough
How much salt could I pour in
To think that I called myself a friend

[Chorus]
And here is my olive branch
I'm so sorry
Mea culpa
I'm reaching out to make amends