All inclusive Madonna CHART STATS, CERTS & STREAMS thread

Clicking Christina Aguilera GIF

Unless she does a proper GH stadium tour then Beyonce and Tay Tay will outstrip her very soon.
I mean they will eventually but with a proper big GH tour she can hold on for a few more years.

And yes fam we are on 21.6M Spotify monthly listeners
No. 155 in the world

:disco:

Hopefully more remixes will come and then vinyl reissue campaign etc. and then in the run-up to 40th anniversary in October + proper biopic eleganza we will make it to Top 100 in the world before year's end :disco:

Yes although some could argue the Madame X Tour was bit like mini-residencies in each venue/city.
The audiences only really equated to a few arena gigs in most places though, didn't they?

The audiences only really equated to a few arena gigs in most places though, didn't they?
True

I have a feeling she hated the experience to be honest (for many reasons), and I think she will go the complete opposite direction and give us a big stadium tour next.

True

I have a feeling she hated the experience to be honest (for many reasons), and I think she will go the complete opposite direction and give us a big stadium tour next.
That's a shame in a way. I'd love to see her lean into the parts of the tour that worked well because parts of it were beautiful.

She kept moaning how she didn't make any money from the Mme X shows, so she'll want to maximise the revenue per venue on the next tour, so I'd expect Streisand prices in stadium locations. I didn't think much of the tour from watching the film and found the good bits amazing, but all too fleeting.

She'll really need to wheel out the hits if she does take that approach though. I wonder how readily her fanbase will go for stadium tickets at this stage too.

21.7M Spotify listeners monthly, No. 151 in the world
And she made her Top 200 debut as well.

Her streaming numbers are better than they've ever been.

Out of interest, where do The Beatles, Michael Jackson, Prince, Whitney, Mariah, Elton, Springsteen, Streisand etc feature on this list? If any?

151 seems awfully low for the biggest selling female artist of all time, even in the twilight of her career. But Spotify I suppose has always been (at least to date) a young persons playhouse, much moreso than, say, YouTube

She's no. 3 when it comes to pre-2000 females (Shakira, Britney then Madonna)
She started off really slow with streaming so this is actually very good for her.
She's higher than most of the people that you mention apart from Elton, MJ, & Beatles (but she's not too far behind the latter.)

Where do Queen sit in terms of streaming numbers?

If we manage to get her into the top 100 worldwide with these remixes then we should get her top 50 with the biopic and hopefully top 20 with a new album/tour.

Let's do it fam.

Is that largely due to the Dua duet?
I'd say Rocketman played a huge part as well, before Due even. Same for Queen really.

Which is probably why Madonna's going down that route. But she also has the advantage of being a TiKTok shart queen.

I was expecting MJ's figures (28M; No. 91) to be higher. I suppose Finding Neverland and the radio 1 ban can't have helped (in the UK at least). Plus there's not really any chance of a big biopic or big reissue campaigns at this point. His legacy has actually been tarnished I would say.

Yeah but her non-English speaking stuff was pre-2000s and a lot of her streaming numbers come from her Spanish music in all fairness.
And I read earlier today that Mexico has the highest proportion of premium Spotify subscribers - higher than Sweden even.

I'd say Rocketman played a huge part as well, before Due even. Same for Queen really.
Can't lie, I play him a lot more since the Elton film.

Same can't be said about Queen, but I always played the classics.

And I read earlier today that Mexico has the highest proportion of premium Spotify subscribers - higher than Sweden even.
Yes, and I think that also explains some of Madonna's improving figures over the past few years. She has a huge audience in Mexico & South America.
In fact her worldwide streaming numbers are better there than in the USA (not surprising..)
Are these figures only for the UK or all of Spotify?
Worldwide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom