The Billie Ray Martin and Electribe 101 Chat Oasis

I know it means bollock all and I don't tweet anything anyway, but I'm excited to discover that I'm being followed by MADAME HERSELF. Actually I really should get round to buying that recent album

In the meantime, let's all head into the GLITTERING GUTTER

ONCE :disco:

TWICE :disco:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it really is CHARM UPON CHARM this evening thanks to Zu’s demonic iTunes random :disco:

I was burning bridges while you burnt your LAST CIGARETTE :weed:

Ooh I was UPENDED by INSATIABLE LOVE just this very afternoon

Madame has tweeted today that the unreleased E101 album will see a release ‘next year’

:eyes:

Reactions: Zu
Hasn’t she already reworked and released most of the unreleased second album songs anyway? Not including the thrilling Insatiable Love obviously

Another broken promise won't do. I wonder if she's planning it as a follow-up to More Ambient Tales, which is releasing straight after her big pop album that's due after her big band duets project with Maya from The Temperer.

Another broken promise won't do. I wonder if she's planning it as a follow-up to More Ambient Tales, which is releasing straight after her big pop album that's due after her big band duets project with Maya from The Temperer.

ALL COMING NEXT YEAR I EXPECT :)

I’ve got a (lo res) rip of ‘Standing by the mirrorball’ if whoever wanted it still wants it? I can’t be arsed scrolling back.

Might do a deep dive later. Just played ‘Ich Glaube Nicht’ for the first time in ages and it was magical.

I’m still annoyed that there was only one album by The Opiates as that was the most E101 thing she’s done since, well, E101, but if she must insist on pissing collaborators off :rolleyes:

I’ve got a (lo res) rip of ‘Standing by the mirrorball’ if whoever wanted it still wants it? I can’t be arsed scrolling back.

Might do a deep dive later. Just played ‘Ich Glaube Nicht’ for the first time in ages and it was magical.

It wasn't me, but I'd love it! That's a lost Myspace relic for me :)

And if anyone would be so kind to open their little biscuit tin and send me the original (demo?) version of Persuasion...

Oh and in the spirit of MADAME, I will also now beg for Are You Loathsome Tonight.

She's been pushing her streaming numbers on FB to the adoration of sometimes over 20 people.

She's been pushing her streaming numbers on FB to the adoration of sometimes over 20 people.

:D I think everyone has basically lost patience thanks to her constantly getting the begging bowl out for new recordings, Whiskas, etc. :(

It’s such a shame because she vocally and artistically pisses all over your Mariahs and your whatnot

Have you heard ‘Miss Fit’ from 1984 by the way?

Die Zwei feat ‘Lisaweta Prokofjewna’....

I wonder who that may be.

This miserable bitch literally stole my joke. I'm siding with Kristine W. now.

In other BRM news I never knew Standing By The Mirrorball was this good before. It's on the verge of Electribe 101.

This made me chuckle. I swear we've never been closer to hearing Don't We Look Good with these BFFs.

Attachments

• 20211012_053008.jpg
    20211012_053008.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 60
Ha. Billie naming the journalist who called her "Cilla Black on acid" straight away.

If she mentions growing up in the red light district I'll have to stop.

Still listening. I forgot all about the 2nd E101 album coming out (is it out already? Surely not). Insatiable Love is plaintive perfection.

I don't think Deadline for My Memories had any obvious missed opportunity singles, but Space Oasis was not the one to go for. I Don't Believe, Still Waters and the title track were all ones I'd have chosen above it.

Running Around Town really should have went to town with the remixes though. It's more performance driven than truly songful, but boy does it deliver when you get into it.

The Glittering Gutter proved to be a real diamond in the rough with those remixes. I didn't know she (the song) had it in her, but it's now belatedly a classic.

Ok done. Now to email the guy to suggest he give Gala a call :disco:

A shame he was just a wikipedia-level fan though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom