Allie X - Fresh Laundry/Regulars + Cape God (album)

The last two singles have been good but I absolutely love the very hooky Regulars:

She sounds a little bit like Lorde in parts.

Regulars might also be my favourite of the 3. I like them all a fair bit but can also seeing myself being disappointed by a whole album in that sonic vain. Both Rings a Bell and Regulars could benefit from being a little more overtly disco.

ALBUM ALERT

yiNm5SN.jpg

Incredible artwork.

01. Love Me Wrong (feat. Troye Sivan)
02. Regulars
03. Devil I Know
04. June Gloom
05. Susie Save Your Love (feat. Mitski)
06. Fresh Laundry
07. Rings a Bell
08. Learning In Public
09. Super Duper Party People
10. Madame X (:disco:)
11. Life of the Party

She played Super Duper Party People when I saw her supporting Marina in Belgium this week, it sounded even better than the 3 released so far, all of which I love. She was fucking great - sensational vocals, working her wind machine like a pro. She's so weird.

i've never bit for some reason. regulars is nice though and the artwork (her in it aside :() is really quite gorgeous and there's a mitski feature so who knows maybe it's time.

here's the video:

i don't know. i quite like the song (the ah-haaa bit is wonderful) but something is off about the whole package.

If you're not into Allie X already I wouldn't say this should be your route in necessarily.

i love the new one. officially my favourite thing she's done/i've heard so far.

from this project I would rank as such so far:

10 Fresh Laundry
09 Love Me Wrong
08 Regulars
07 Rings a Bell

It's all rather fabulous in a very low-key way.

Love Me Wrong is wonderful and I think her voice works rather nicely with Troye's less showy one as a foil. Regulars is still my favourite so far but it all bodes well for the album.

It's a fantastic album - my favourite so far is probably Life of the Party.

well I think the album is a major disappointment unfortunately. Fresh Laundry and Love Me Wrong are the major standouts but nothing else comes close, the melodies feel lightweight, the songs largely forgettable and the production across the board (beside the singles and the more cinematic Madame X) is bland in the extreme.

Life of the Party is aggressively shit. What was she thinking? There's an air of "this is art" across the whole thing but the songs aren't enough to justify it.

Still loving this album. It is not Dua but has to be one of the albums I have gone back to most this year. Sarah Come Home is so wonderfully sweet sounding:

A deluxe of the album is coming with a double vinyl up for preorder, I assume it will be put up for streaming too:

I don't think I've listened to Allie X even once in a good 18 months. it's weird. I like her a lot and this album did have some good songs, but it also turned me off her quite a bit.

I'll check out the deluxe tracks. I think the problem is I miss the Super Sunset electro banger sound.

I don't think I've listened to Allie X even once in a good 18 months. it's weird. I like her a lot and this album did have some good songs, but it also turned me off her quite a bit.

I'll check out the deluxe tracks. I think the problem is I miss the Super Sunset electro banger sound.

Limited Love might appeal then. I like the more restrained approach on the album though - Super Sunset is great but the two Collxtions I find a bit much in one sitting unless I am really in the mood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom