Aly & AJ - Pretty Places & album A Touch of the Beat...

That's an instant love. They are so consistently good and always bring the hooks. It feels big but not like a five minute plus track at all.

They're teasing their overlong new album title but all I'm seeing is a HATE CRIME.

this is such a gorgeous vibe. the final minute is really transcendent! their way around a hook and a melody paired with this earthier production is giving me everything.

I loved the previous synthpop direction but the sunkissed Californian AOR touches to this (and Slow Dancing) just hit the mark. Expecting such good things from the album.

Their upcoming new album is called A Touch Of The Beat Gets You Up On Your Feet Gets You Out And Then Into The Sun and it will be out on May 7.

kAAXXe5.png

1. Pretty Places
2. Lost Cause
3. Break Yourself
4. Slow Dancing
5. Paradise
6. Symptom of Your Touch
7. Lucky To Get Him
8. Listen!!!
9. Don't Need Nothing
10. Stomach
11. Personal Cathedrals
12. Hold Out

I think the artwork is fantastic. very excited for this.

The cover fits the sound of their current material pretty well. The album title is an interesting choice...

can't afford any of that as gorgeous as the vinyl is, but as IF that nonsense 500 dollar bundle is sold out :D

can't afford any of that as gorgeous as the vinyl is, but as IF that nonsense 500 dollar bundle is sold out :D

I suppose there probably is a limit on how many disposable cameras full of pictures they want to take.

CD or regular 33rpm vinyl for me, but as it is a proper album I'm hoping that it will be available more widely than the previous EPs and I can avoid crazy postage and customs charges.

there's no UK store right? I really hope Sound of Vinyl or Rough Trade will stock it...

there's no UK store right? I really hope Sound of Vinyl or Rough Trade will stock it...

No just their US store up to now. I'm hoping so too - they did some shows in Europe in 2019 so they have something of an audience here.

Listen!!! performance:

Good even though I maybe would rather have seen either of the other two songs.

Symptom of Your Touch is out FRIDAY, clip of them discussing the album and AJ getting a little emosh here...

...and live perf of Pretty Places :disco:

Symptom of Your Touch is a slightly more electronic banger :disco:

love it, but still UTTERLY obsessed with Pretty Places.

I love it.

Unrelated, but I also bought a pair of red sunglasses because of a pair Aly or AJ was wearing in a performance and they turned up but they're ORANGEY BROWN?! FUMING.

Symptom of Your Touch is again TOP NOTCH

I think it sounds quite like Star Maps, though it will completely work with the other new songs too. Disappointed that there is still no sign of the album being released physically over here.

Symptom of Your Touch video (starring at least one half of Aly & AJ) out tomorrow

GAGGING at her "lose my composure" arm flailing :disco: she's really unreasonably gorgeous.

Symptom of Your Touch video (starring at least one half of Aly & AJ) out tomorrow

GAGGING at her "lose my composure" arm flailing :disco: she's really unreasonably gorgeous.

I love them both but I especially enjoy Aly's more intense presence.

Another new song, presumably the last before the album:

The first chorus didn't really wow me but it definitely builds momentum with the layered vocals, and on second listen it is another LOVE

four days until what may be the AOTY drops :o i'm so excited. I've been hammering the singles quite religiously.

I also made time to watch the videos back to back and am just completely IN LOVE with these women. I want to be part of their sun soaked California universe. but will settle for more gorgeously breezy bangers.

the handclaps, the field hops :disco:

I am very excited to hear the album but at the same time I am bit sad that the pre-release pattern of amazing new song followed by adorable making the best of their budget video is ending.

OMG! today's the day! album out now, finally :disco: commencing my first listen.

and in VERY exciting news they've announced a full, 19-date UK/EU tour for next March :o

playing various Academy sized venues and something called Hole44 :D in Berlin. Amsterdam date is a Saturday and best believe I'll be there!!!

The album is such an enjoyable listen, it is so sunny sounding, deceptively in some places.

Not a dud to be found but Personal Cathedrals is the killer new one (some of the lyrics :disco:).

I see they have sized up from the Scala which they played last time in London.

Still no sign of physicals of the album being sold this side of the Atlantic. I know I will cave and order from their store at some point.

I want the vinyl so bad (the update design is even more beaut) but I'm not paying for shipping from the US and risking it getting lost in transit. they need to setup a UK store.

OK guys me and Fetch have been doing the lord's work here but i'll need some of enthusiasm from OTHERS AMONG Y'ALL for this record.

After 2/3 listens in full it's already revealing itself in stunning ways. @POP! @jivafox @Tisch @Iguana @Gangsta Nancy Lam @RJN and others who love 90s singer songwriter types, there's so much nutrition you will devour here - in particular the confessional back quarter of the album, Personal Cathedrals (A SONG TITLE!) and Hold Out, will be right up all of your allies.

Lucky to Get Him is also serving a gorgeously unexpected hybrid of folksy midtempo and Carly Rae Jepsen banger. I saw @monsta stanning on insta but we been knew queen has taste - the rest of y'all, get streaming!!!

Oh I fully adore this album. They constantly knock it out of the park. I love them.

OK guys me and Fetch have been doing the lord's work here but i'll need some of enthusiasm from OTHERS AMONG Y'ALL for this record.

After 2/3 listens in full it's already revealing itself in stunning ways. @POP! @jivafox @Tisch @Iguana @Gangsta Nancy Lam @RJN and others who love 90s singer songwriter types, there's so much nutrition you will devour here - in particular the confessional back quarter of the album, Personal Cathedrals (A SONG TITLE!) and Hold Out, will be right up all of your allies.

Lucky to Get Him is also serving a gorgeously unexpected hybrid of folksy midtempo and Carly Rae Jepsen banger. I saw @monsta stanning on insta but we been knew queen has taste - the rest of y'all, get streaming!!!

I‘m honestly agog that they’re playing Glasgow. What even is reality any more?

I can't believe they're doing 20 European dates :D the way we won! now just make the beautiful vinyl available here and I'll stan forever. (apparently they said on ig they're making it happen!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom