Amanda Marshall

VoR

Take it or leave it
Her debut album went Diamond in Canada and did well all over the world. Great record, one of those where pretty much every track could have been a single - and seven were!

After two less-good followups, she randomly disappeared completely for a full twenty years, but she's finally re-emerged.

Definitely elevated by her voice, but I like it.

I really recommend that debut album to alt-pop fans who don't know it though... I think Birmingham was a UK radio hit at the time, I definitely remember hearing it.

She talks about where she's been in this long-form interview. Seems like she got stuck in legal hell with a former manager that prevented her from recording.

Let It Rain was one of those big radio hits over here that didn’t chart all that well (before airplay was in the chart) but sent the album to #16, not bad for a random singer songwriter with their debut.

It is marvellous, as is Birmingham. But I’ve never indulged any further, I probably should if its along those lines.

Dark Horse is my other favourite from the first album

Fall From Grace was another good one, I remember Shelley Nelson from Tin Tin Out releasing a soundalike cover here that went nowhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom