And Just Like That... (Sex & The City revival)

Is Che supposed to be this annoying ? I used to love Sara Ramirez on Greys but I find them so irritating on this .

Like I bet Che was on MOLLY when she said she loved her, and she gets ditched and goes on a bender in Cleveland.

Was Harry’s dick a prosthetic? If this was filmed in 3D it would have poked my eye out.

Like I bet Che was on MOLLY when she said she loved her, and she gets ditched and goes on a bender in Cleveland.
And blame it on the drugs nonchalant. “You know I do Class A’s between 2-3pm. Don’t ask me serious questions between those hours”

Love Ya Mean Girls GIF by filmeditor

This is such a weird show but I really want to like it. There is good storyline potential but there is so much desperation - perhaps it is conscious, fine, but it is still quite boring in that respect. The sub-plot with the younger neighbours? Who cares? Just tell them to STFU.

As for Che, I like Sara Ramirez so perhaps this is all direction that the character is obnoxious (although, to be fair, they do have some good moments or insight on Miranda).

Last edited:
My take from the neighbours is that that used to be Carrie or maybe what she never was and struggled with then let alone now when it's just not possible. The "mam" and "I'm a writer!" did make me smirk some. Samantha would totally have fucked the boyfriend. I miss Samantha.

For all the slagging I do do this show I do actually enjoy it and get quite happy when Thursday comes around. It’s an entertaining watch that doesn’t drag. Makes me laugh in places and makes me cringe in more places but overall it’s a lot of fun.

I am up to 'the episode with 'that' scene in the kitchen, so got quite a few to catch up on and looking forward

I have got the same gripes as most, but generally i'm enjoying it.

Has there been any streaming or ratings figures?

Oh thats really good. I'd have liked this to be picked up again by Channel 4 really
It's holding its audience well, too - down just under 20% from the first episode to the sixth. Considering the first episode was more of an event and people are going to be less likely to watch the subsequent episodes immediately, I'd say that was strong.

Even if most of the audience are at least semi-hatewatching it :D

I think the intention probably was "smart and confident".
But I get arrogant and narcissistic instead.
The response to Miranda revealing that she is essentially cheating on her husband at the start of this episode is the first time i’ve actually liked Che. But I didn’t buy the second scene at all - mainly because we haven’t seen their journey to “love” at ALL.

But honestly, if the writers are trying to get us to root for them then they are going all the wrong way about it. On the most part, both Che and Miranda are coming across not just as unsympathetic but unlikeable.

It would make more sense if Che was lying about being in love - I don’t buy that someone in their position would fall for embarrassing baby gay Miranda. I think the best thing they could do is to have Che turn out to be fucking someone else in Cleveland and for Miranda to have a bit of a reckoning and be alone for a bit. I thought Carrie was going to call out that Miranda immediately followed up her little “I want to be alone” speech with “I want Che.” Miranda is behaving like every dopey-headed newly realised queer woman in falling head-over-heels for the first confident and more experienced queer that they meet - it never works out! I hope the writers realise this and tell the story as such.

Last edited:
I was reading the wiki of the next two episodes' director the other day, to get a sense of what to expect in the end and it says "Ganatra explored her interest in film through acting and then decided to make the switch to pursue film-making as she wanted to effect cultural change". So am just expecting more or less that the writers will continue on the same way they already have and probably end it with a big "educational" message.

Has there been any decision on a second season yet? Or was it only ever conceived as one season?

That was such a strange scene. I think one of the oddest things about this show is how much focus we get on characters who aren’t Carrie, Miranda or Charlotte out and about doing their thing and having their self contained storylines. It’s the least compelling part of the show and feels quite jarring (again, except for Seema, and that may be because a decent amount of time has been spent having Carrie invest in her narrative).

I like all of the additional characters, even CHE (sorry but they have moved from hate-able to CAMP in my eyes), but I'm not invested enough in Miranda's professor to care about her FERTILITY STRUGGLES - and neither is the beautiful actor playing her partner apparently :D

OBSESSED with Charlotte's similarly beautiful friend's cameo this week in that total serve of a make up bag outfit? ICONIC!

I like all of the additional characters, even CHE (sorry but they have moved from hate-able to CAMP in my eyes), but I'm not invested enough in Miranda's professor to care about her FERTILITY STRUGGLES - and neither is the beautiful actor playing her partner apparently :D

OBSESSED with Charlotte's similarly beautiful friend's cameo this week in that total serve of a make up bag outfit? ICONIC!
Charlotte’s friend I totally get the purpose of, she’s an accessory to Charlotte, but doesn’t really have a storyline of her own (except being gorgeous, rich and good natured) but the professor’s entirely standalone storyline (she barely even interacts with Miranda in the second half of the season) is like it is from a different show. I do wonder if they will make it to the second season (should there be one).

Che has also grown on me too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom