05 thank you for your love
06 another world
07 cripple and the starfish
08 crisis
09 miracle now
10 fistful of love

11 you are the treasure
12 4 degrees

had to go over. one of the greatest, surely.

it's been mentioned, but i feel i should mention it all:

In June, Facebook offered me 200,000$ to license an old live version (2001) of me singing “I Will Survive” for an advertisement that represented Facebook as an advocate for small businesses. Although I really could have used the money, I said no because I didn't want to be complicit in Facebook’s hosting of fake news which might enable the re-election of Donald Trump. They wrote back saying that they were placating other participants' concerns by making donations to their charities of choice, in addition to paying them.

I woke up the next morning and realized this isn't even advertising; this is politics, and i don't even know how deep this water is. This company Droga5 worked with Obama and Google and others. I had to walk away. A month later I saw the ad. Facebook had hired another singer to emulate my version of the song. It was a nauseating feeling. We all know that Facebook, Google, Twitter, Amazon and others now seem to be destroying our lives, our minds, our jobs, our cultures, and our societies' ability to govern themselves. We as artists were the first ones to be led to the stall to begin feeding, and being drained by, companies including Apple and Facebook. And now as artists, we should be the first to leave.

We must show that it is possible to live without Instagram, without Facebook, without Google and Amazon. We must endeavor to rebuild our lives and our communities, our private conversations, in ways that don't rely on manipulative infrastructures and interfaces provided by the world’s richest corporations. After the Facebook debacle, I felt compelled to complete my studio version of “I Will Survive”. It was the first song I ever sang in nightclubs in NYC when I was 20 years old. I sang it hundreds of times. In those days I sang it thinking of Marsha P. Johnson and the underground queer community struggling to survive in the face of AIDS. Now it seems to me like an anthem for the future of life on earth. Obviously, Youtube is owned by Google. I haven't closed all my accounts. But I want to talk to you about this; I want to be a part of this conversation.

ANOHNI October 31th 2020

Incredibly hard to choose, but probably something like this...
  1. Epilepsy is Dancing
  2. Drone Bomb Me
  3. I Fell in Love With a Dead Boy
  4. Rapture
  5. Cut the World
  6. Twilight
  7. You Are My Sister
  8. 4 Degrees
  9. Cripple and the Starfish
  10. For Today I Am a Boy
That top five is pretty locked in (particularly EiD which is always going to be my favourite for personal reasons, I literally cannot listen to it without crying), but the rest certainly have a bit of movement.

Incredibly hard to choose, but probably something like this...
  1. Epilepsy is Dancing
  2. Drone Bomb Me
  3. I Fell in Love With a Dead Boy
  4. Rapture
  5. Cut the World
  6. Twilight
  7. You Are My Sister
  8. 4 Degrees
  9. Cripple and the Starfish
  10. For Today I Am a Boy
That top five is pretty locked in (particularly EiD which is always going to be my favourite for personal reasons, I literally cannot listen to it without crying), but the rest certainly have a bit of movement.

Another one for Epilepsy is Dancing!

‘Cut me in QUADRANTS, leave me in the CORNER!’ :disco:

1. Cripple & The Starfish
2. Fell In Love With A Dead Boy
3. Cut The World
4. You Are My Sister
5. Epilepsy Is Dancing
6. Hope There's Someone
7. Soft Black Stars
8. River Of Sorrow
9. Another World
10. Bird Gerhl