Arca - KiCk i

I've been a bit lukewarm about her before, feeling not that the emperor was exactly naked but was very much in a Primark tracksuit and knock off "Nikey" trainers. Maybe there's a metaphor about her coming into her own in music and in herself but, blah, who gives a shit, it's a great album.

Also currently setting me off :(:disco:

Has anyone mentioned the design of the plastic thing which the UK CD is in? Worth it for THAT ALONE! :disco:

Oh, those pop out cases were quite popular in Europe in the early 00s. Merrily scraped the edges of the disc so it's just as well KiCK i is only about half an hour long.

Oh, those pop out cases were quite popular in Europe in the early 00s. Merrily scraped the edges of the disc so it's just as well KiCK i is only about half an hour long.

I‘m particularly impressed by the LEVER

I do wish she'd move on from the "dirty protest" logo...

This is decent enough, despite the occasional Smurf vocals. I mean in the absence of SOPHIE ( :( :( :( :( ) we'll just need to take our queer/trans bin-clattering nosebleed weirdness wherever we can get it.

Oh dear, we have the first absolute dud of Arca's catalogue. On first couple of listens this is RUBBISH

Fabulous artwork again though :disco:
d4e1eb7b16f904819a31878d4124f9a6.jpeg

i mean the visuals are out of this world and the fashion is insane[/™robyn] but i just don't care about the new music.

time and madre were the last ones i loved. a lot of it i actively disliked and i'm desperately trying to forget the sia one (happened, already forgotten how it "goes").

Queen has given us THREE NEW ALBUMS this week! :shock::wow:

It's a LOT to take in, so haven't really formed my thoughts yet. But Kick IIII is the sensitive, slow album that sounds the most like career-peak TIME - so that's the one I've been listening to the most. Kick II and Kick III are full of CHAOS BOPS that I'm not always in the mood for :D

Reactions: COB
I ended up not picking these up. 4 albums at once, all about 35-40 minutes, FLAC files at £10 per album. NAH. Too much of a layout in one go. Was she trying to finish a contract or something?

I assumed physicals would follow but so far, nowt. Gimmie a 4CD box plz, £25-30, you know the type, Warp do them all the time.

I assumed physicals would follow but so far, nowt. Gimmie a 4CD box plz, £25-30, you know the type, Warp do them all the time.

This is rumoured to be coming, or at least announced as to be coming, within the next few weeks! Kick i-iiiii in a CD boxset. No vinyl at the moment HOWEVER.
I do kind of love that Kick i was her COLLAB moment, ii CHAOS BOPS then iii - iiiii get progressively more calm :disco:

I think the reason for so much material is because she's just so prolific. Better to get it out there, especially when she's able to package it all coherently with visuals, than leave it all sat on a hard-drive.

I'm sure she's already well underway recording the NEXT PROJECT :D

This is rumoured to be coming, or at least announced as to be coming, within the next few weeks! Kick i-iiiii in a CD boxset. No vinyl at the moment HOWEVER.
Well, vinyl is taking an age to manufacture...but I'll take that CD box as long as they don't build some ridiculous "art" monstrosity around it and charge an MPs pay rise for the privilege.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom