Are children's choirs ever acceptable on a pop song?

IS IT OKAY?

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
In the no corner: Little Things, St Winifred's School Choir, Heal The World...

I have a pet theory that I'll wang on about to anyone who'll listen about how I Have A Dream is the most misunderstood song in ABBA's catalogue, but I'll spare you for now because I have a much more compelling counter-example

WHAT DO WE DO WITH OUR LIVES? :disco:

As a child I performed in the school choir with an Abba tribute band at the WAKEFIELD THEATRE ROYAL AND OPERA HOUSE (!) for two consecutive years. We did ‘I believe in angels’ and ‘Fernando’. My Dad’s a massive Abba fan, and my mum surprised him by buying him tickets to the show without telling him I would be in it.

Last edited:
As a child I performed in the school choir with an Abba tribute band at the WAKEFIELD THEATRE ROYAL AND OPERA HOUSE (!) for two consecutive years. We did ‘I believe in angels’ and Fernando. My Dad’s a massive Abba fan, and my mum surprised him my buying him tickets to the show without telling him I would be in the shoe.

Please tell me you have the same accent as Jane McDonald?

I just got back from MIRFIELD as it happens. :disco:

No children's choirs, but I was almost TRAMPLED by COWS. But then that's fairly standard for these parts.

So annoyed I could sing in PERFECT KEY before my voice broke but now I find it impossible, what’s that about?!!

Reactions: VoR
Not your typical choir sound but the chanting choir on They Don’t Care About Us from Michael Jackson really fits the song and it’s a great song to boot

Is anyone old enough to remember St Winifreds School Choir?

I had their Disney compilation and I LOVED IT

although I was about FIVE

that Grandma song they were famous for can FUCK OFF though

I was in the school choir and was so out of tune that they moved me directly in front of the conductor for our big perf. As if I knew what the fuck that bloke waving his arms about was meant to be.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: one of the most divinely moving moments in the entire history of music is provided by a children's choir.

I was in the school choir and was so out of tune that they moved me directly in front of the conductor for our big perf. As if I knew what the fuck that bloke waving his arms about was meant to be.
I was in the school choir too but they kept hiding me in the back row. :D
The front was for the pretty ones. Perhaps you were really cute?

I only joined the school choir to get out of lessons when they were preparing for a show but got kicked out for not turning up to out of hours practices and the first night on one occasion.

I do not like children’s choirs on any record though I haven’t heard the Talk Talk one.

FINE I changed my vote and I would like it on the record that it was because of Martika ONLY

I think it does add a very sentimental element to a song so it’s usually a yes if it’s a good song but a very big no no if you hate the song/artist.

It really depends on the song, sometimes it blends nicely sometimes it doesn't.
But I've enjoyed the little Satan-worshipping choir in El Diablo.

God I love that Eternal song despite its Des’ree level lyrics and endless GLOOP

talk about a song that should never work but does

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom