Ariana Grande - Positions + marriage (and 1st divorce)

Jark

User
she's been recording over summer and she just dropped this BOMB on Twitter

new album within two weeks :o

Her albuns are so hit and miss. Sweetener was mostly miss for me. Thank U Next was half and half. She needs better quality control imo.

The Big Pop Girl scene has been SO dull lately (just SAVE IT Jark) but I know I can ALWAYS rely on Ari for SOMETHING good.

have you heard Smile by Katy Perry? :)
giphy.gif

The last two albums kind of blended into one for me (maybe that was the point?). But she is usually reliable for 4-5 bops and 1-2 sultry gems per album, so I'm looking forward.

The last two albums kind of blended into one for me (maybe that was the point?). But she is usually reliable for 4-5 bops and 1-2 sultry gems per album, so I'm looking forward.

oh she's obviously never going back to the sounds of My Everything nor she will try and recreate the magic of it but like you mention it, BALANCE is what she should go after.

album is called Positions. there's a title track which is quite a sexual track apparently - not sure if it's the single or not

Positions (I'm hoping to get on the charts)

Ugh, that title was MADE for Moopy tags :eyes:

We never really got enough Emotions or Music Box from Ariana. She bypassed Daydream and Butterfly which could have been a good five years of throwback pop and R&B and drove straight on through to Charmbracelet, picking up rent a rappers and trap producers and mumbling over everything. Thing is, she still has the full use of her voice. It’s a tragedy, is what it is. I mean all the divas go through a phase of wanting to be taken seriously and get their slut on, but they’re doing it FAR too quickly these days.

We never really got enough Emotions or Music Box from Ariana. She bypassed Daydream and Butterfly which could have been a good five years of throwback pop and R&B and drove straight on through to Charmbracelet, picking up rent a rappers and trap producers and mumbling over everything. Thing is, she still has the full use of her voice. It’s a tragedy, is what it is. I mean all the divas go through a phase of wanting to be taken seriously and get their slut on, but they’re doing it FAR too quickly these days.
Perhaps she needs a T*mmy M*tolla Svengali.

She can work with anyone she likes - I think the problem if there is one is that she doesn't have very good TASTE. she's into mumblecore trap-lite nonsense - it's even evident in working with names like Missy and Pharrell on Sweetener, who could both produce some proper good early 00s throwback shit, and coming up with... whatever that was. the girl is using all the wrong reference points for inspiration.

Part of it I think has been a desire to actively pivot away from pop, and whatever she's done has earned her huge streaming power so... good for her I guess? But it's a shame we don't often get to hear that voice singing really well written songs.

Predictably ENOUGH, I love Yours Truly as it's got the Babyface input and Mariah-isms

I’m so behind, I’ve only JUST got through Sweetener, and I just ended up taking the 3 singles and running

It’s very hard for me to get excited about her these days (RoM notwithstanding)

I find I like Ariana in concept, she's very likable and she's obviously got a great voice, but the music is mostly bad.

I'm not sure she's ever put out a good album. They're mostly bad with a couple of really great songs dotted about.

what did you think of the last few lana del rey albums?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom