Ariana Grande - Positions + marriage (and 1st divorce)

I wouldn't necessarily call it "tuneless" but it feels kinda half-baked for someone who's capable of doing so much more.

I wouldn't necessarily call it "tuneless" but it feels kinda half-baked for someone who's capable of doing so much more.

there are at least 4 songs that sound like incomplete demos (and not in a good way) like Love Language, Six Thirty, Magic... while others sound like really long interludes like shut up.

My Hair is the only thing that has piqued my interest so far, but the lyrics are awful.

for someone who has been through SO MUCH, her lyrical themes are quite limited. If you're gonna sing about your pussy do it at least like Janft, not like a giggling school girl.

Didn't Mariah had Butterfly already out by Ariana's age? QUEEN.

I want to see things from your POV hun x

My Hair is the only thing that has piqued my interest so far, but the lyrics are awful.
Same here.

I know everything is meant to be a vibe or whatever with Ms Ari since 'Thank U, Next' but, really, this album is largely dreadful.

ok i judged too fast. i initially stan RnBiana (goodnight n go, know better/forever mine) but it takes a while for her to click.

09 (+2) shut up
07 (+2) 34+35
08 (==) motive
10 (+3) just like magic
09 (+2) off the table
06 (+1) six thirty
10 (+2) safety net
09 (+1) my hair
10 (==) nasty
09 (+1) west side
07 (==) love language
09 (+1) positions
07 (==) obvious
10 (+3) pov

91 Dangerous Woman
89 thank u, next
85 (+13) Positions
83 sweetener
81 My Everything
74 Yours Truly

Reactions: dUb
Sweetener is 3 great songs and a load of utterly unlistenable shit! positions absolutely is better, it just lacks singles

Curse the day Pharrell suggested the light is coming should have a man shouting YOU WOULDN'T LET ANYBODY x48

Sweetener is 3 great songs and a load of utterly unlistenable shit! positions absolutely is better, it just lacks singles

I blame Pharrell. His contributions screamed leftover bin but the singles released (Bar The Light Is Coming obviously) are some of her CAREER HIGHS.

Okay so "Just Like Magic" is a bop, but is it not just a slightly more downtempo "Everyday"?

"POV" has potential but not really going back to anything else at this point just yet.

Sweetener? More like SHITENER am I right LOL.

hun , I did give Sweetener a spin today and I actually enjoyed it :emoji_skull: (Can't find the CLOWN emoji wtf) , I did however hid the light is coming but I got through the rest of the Pharrell tracks (a couple of them sound like they came out straight outta HARD CANDY tbh)

Okay so "Just Like Magic" is a bop, but is it not just a slightly more downtempo "Everyday"?

just like magic is Everyday + goodnight n go, which is its main appeal to me.

Positions is in no way better than Sweetener.

r u deaf luv. without God is a woman, breathin' and no tears left to cry, Sweetener is Ariana's worst album by eons.

Goodnight and Go is the best thing to come out her gob

r u deaf luv. without God is a woman, breathin' and no tears left to cry, Sweetener is Ariana's worst album by eons.

well yeah, but those three songs piss all over this sorry ass album from towering heights :shock:

yes but they're just 3 songs :D we're talking ALBAMS

I actually find breathin' pretty weak. my third Sweetener KEEPER is successful. :disco:

yes but they're just 3 songs :D we're talking ALBAMS

I actually find breathin' pretty weak. my third Sweetener KEEPER is successful. :disco:

Imagine having a 3 track EP being better than a whole album, ugh HER MIND. :coffin:

My keepers are successful, goodnight n go, get well soon and sometimes sweetener when I feel a bit basic (ie every day).
Sorry I can't get into Positions bar a handful of tracks, Tis a shame that anything she releases as a single will probably be huge :(

Anyway, stream Victoria Monet's Jaguar EP, miles better than your fave.

I feel like her commercial power is obviously slipping a bit this time. I would not be at all surprised if (with the way she likes to release music now) this has been planned as a brief campaign with a second single soon, and then inside a year we have another new, maybe more pop-leaning album

I would not be at all surprised if (with the way she likes to release music now) this has been planned as a brief campaign

considering thank u next was released 7 months after sweetener, this could be

Positions is already #1 on the BB 100. How is that a "brief campaign"?
this post makes no sense.

the campaign began in November 2020 - if it's over by Feb or March it'll be a brief campaign. of course positions is in at #1. we have no idea how it'll hold up.

Reactions: dUb
it's only 500 copies ahead of Sam and actually sold less yesterday (I imagine all of Ari's sales are actually streams now) so in theory it might miss #1 :eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom