Ariana Grande - Positions + marriage (and 1st divorce)

shut up vs raindrops
69 vs blazed
motive vs the light is coming
just like magic vs R.E.M
off the table vs God is a Woman
six thirty
vs sweetener
safety net vs successful
my hair vs everytime
nasty vs breathin'
west side vs no tears left to cry
love language
vs borderline
positions vs better off
obvious vs goodnight n go
pov
vs pete davidson

9:5

sure positions doesn't reach breathin' highs but it doesn't sink to borderline, blazed and successful lows, and that's why it's superior.

I’m team @Jark on this era/album’s success being rather SHORT LIVED!

But good on her :)

Who is Sam?

Agree this will be a short campaign, she’s said in interviews she wants to tour in the same style as the ‘Sweetener/Thank U, Next’ so another album SOON then a tour of the best bits of both.

I didn't bother with this for a few days but dipped back in today and am enjoying it far more than before.

off the table is so spectacular. definitely the best song here, followed by pov and safety net. it gets much stronger as it goes on.

Not sure if people already discussed this but "Motive" debuts at #16 in UK
Motive is the weakest song on the album, or bottom 3. the locals will really go in for anything with a house beat.

off the table second single pls

But the video does have quite a lot to do with the LAST one!

I like the consistency of theme

This song sounds like it came from an Ariana Grande song generator

It’s not bad exactly, but so not memorable

The video is also not bad but not memorable

When did it become ok for a big pop girl to sing "fuck me" into the camera?

I'm not objecting, it's just interesting!

@dUb I read somewhere a while ago (and I don’t remember the source) about how Ariana’s songs relate more to a gay man’s way of speaking than a woman’s and your post made me think of that

This is giving me thank u next singles rollout TEAS as in a "new video/single within the space of 6 weeks and then bye for another 2 years" :confused:

Does she just get engaged for the promo at this point? She's all about commitment until it comes to PIGGY SMALLZ.

WHERE IS HE ARIANA?

"my hair" is so fucking brilliant. That last verse with the whistles is the most delicious thing she's ever sung.

"34+35" reaches a new peak of #2 on the Hot 100 due to some gimmicky remix - "Drivers License" blocks it at #1. :o

Deluxe coming

EtLrcvfUYAAUNsL

I love her but she's so tiresome. A re-release just after 1.5 singles seems right on brand with her vibe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom