AS6 E02: The Blue Ball

dUb

AH AH AH
Pronouns
He/Him
Out now on Wow

blue balls bouncing GIF

I loved this! A ball, with 12 queens! :disco:

Terrible outcome though, I was almost convinced that the eliminated queen was going to be on top.

Yeah I don’t get the love for Rajah, I thought the first outfit was extremely basic. Trinity did much better and should have been in the top.

Hated to see Jiggly go. I want these older season queens to last longer.

Oh and don’t watch next week’s preview if you don’t want to see the winner. Sloppy editing.

My thoughts:

*Love Ra’jah’s charisma and nerve
*Kylie Sonique is giving me strong Dinah Nah vibes
*Jiggly made the best save me speech ever and deserved to stay

So what do we think the eliminated queens will end up doing? They’re making it sound like they’ll be doing something different this time around. Are they going to have their own episode like in S13?

Watching the Untucked, Jiggly is heartbreaking.

Also why does Ginger go into each season with a best friend. And then she voted her out after insisting that she’s the closest person to her.

I didn't understand Yara being bottom with her runways 2 and 3. The blue really helped subdue her usual visual gore.

Jiggly showed an improvement in the sewing challenge, but ultimately the This Morning fashion segment of runway 2 was hard to overlook. I would have preferred this challenge to have been week 3 as it was almost obvious she would be left behind here. I've not seen Untucked, but she's an icon and placeholder queens like Jan shouldn't be sticking around like barnacles of bland.

The lip sync was electric. They really were well matched, which I think is what boosted its charge considerably rather than anything truly original being done. I'm glad Brooklyn is shown as being humorous as I just don't agree with the common belief from many that she's dull at all.

Kylie's parade of teen bop era VMAs (I'll go with Shania, Xtina and Britney) was fun.

I felt Pandora and TKB coasted through this episode in a way that they really shouldn't be. Pandora actually looks like the severed head of Kathy Griffin if Trump had done a revenge cover for Cunt Weekly magazine.

Ginger's insincerity pleasingly on show. *plays Jinkx Monsoon's "so full of shit the toilet's jealous" soundbite*

Raja's runway 3 was like a deleted scene from Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter's Dead fashion sequence. If only she'd kept the clipboard to re-enact it.

Ok Ra'Jah is EV-ER-Y-THING this season.

"I don't know who they got coming in here, but bitch she is getting assassinated" :D

I'm not that bothered to see Jiggy go. Since she got her glow-up, she seemed far less chaotic and messy, which is what we stanned in Season 4.

And thankfully, having Eureka and Silky on the same season seems mean that each one cancels the other out. There is truly... room for everybody.

I can't help but feel that Jan is what would have happened if Stefani Joanne had been born a boy, into a slightly less socio-economically privileged background.

Jan is still absolutely terrible and I’m so glad she’s barely getting any airtime.

Eureka and Silky are so far tolerable, but this surely won’t last.

God that was an effort with all those runways. There were no obvious disasters, but it was definitely Jiggly's time. I'm glad she's happier and came across a lot more together but as Lou said, take away the messy persona and you're left with, not much really. Her talent show was crap and she didn't shine here.

Yara was NOT bottom by any stretch, ridiculous. It does feel like the judging could have gone any way; Ra'jah was great but not a clear winner. There were so many I need to watch again!

Amazing lip sync. Brooklyn clearly the real winner of season 11, albeit by accident (actually thought she was a clear second in the lip sync, though...).

Another great episode- so far the suggestions that the cast not containing bigger names will affect the quality are grossly overexaggerated.

The lip sync was dynamite but as well as the performers, that’s also down to them actually picking a great lip sync song. Shame no one did more with “That’s the end” though- that was crying out for a ruveal.

Definitely think Rajah deserved the win but disagree with the earlier comment about Trinity who had an amazing final look but not the other two. Eureka was second for me- the first look was how you do it simply but effectively. That “staaawp-strut” lollipop :D

I wouldn’t have put Yara bottom two, though- thought Akeria was rubbish and Yara’s final outfit was great. Akeria was completely unmemorable.

And yeah, seemed odd that Ginger voted for Jiggly. Guess we’ll find out shortly…

Is there supposed to be any sort of narrative here? It's not like last time where Shea was the chosen one no matter what Juju or anyone else did. If it it is...who?!

I assumed Ginger but outside the reading challenge she's disappointed so far and there's a WHIFF of villain edit going on. Hoping she brings something soon.

It feels like it could go ANY WAY (except to Jan). Actually really exciting for once

Another episode that just felt rushed. 36 looks? Really Queen?

Sad that Jiggly went but let’s be real she was cannon fodder from the jump.

TKB is once again not the TKO… what was that first look? Bad any way but coming after Eureka’s it just looked dress up. Sad because I’m rooting for her hard.

Why does everybody hate Jan? I thought her talent show effort was one of the best and her runway looks are great, she has a ‘paid for the looks’ vibe but I like her, don’t get the hate

It really does seem to be anyone’s game for the title, quite the open race.

I loved TKB's final look and was annoyed when she was safe, but I suppose you do have to take into account the first two looks somewhat and they weren't great.

Yara being bottom was a bit ridiculous.

Re: Jan, she's similar to Rosé for me (obvious thing to say I know) in that she tries so hard to tick every box that it gets very mechanical without ever being funny. Her reading challenge was bad bad bad. But the talent show was good.

Early top four prediction ... Ginger, Eureka, A'keria, Yara seem like the obvious choices, but I'm rooting for Pandora. Also TKB but I'm not convinced so far.

I don’t hate Jan at all- she’s quite likeable in the talking heads. I’m not a massive fan of her drag though.

There’s no clear narrative or thread that runs through her looks that scream JAN, even though they’re all technically very good, compared to say Sasha Velour or Aquaria.

There’s no clear narrative or thread that runs through her looks that scream JAN, even though they’re all technically very good, compared to say Sasha Velour or Aquaria.

This. She might be buying some nice, edgy looks but they really don’t suit her.

Anyway, I’m obsessed with TKB. Her getting a bit snappy out of nowhere and then quickly admitting it was the highlight of Untucked for me.

Ginger meanwhile, whom I normally like, was insufferable on Untucked.

Yeah, is there an actual Untucked somewhere, or do you just mean the backstage section of the main show?

Yeah, is there an actual Untucked somewhere, or do you just mean the backstage section of the main show?

No there’s an untucked, it covers the sit down after judging, voting and then the eliminated queen.

So what do we think the Lipstick Assassin twist is going to be, from the preview? Luckily I didn't see who the winner was - from what someone said, you could see?

But no Lipstick Assassin? I think the eliminated queens will be back, and if they win, they get to trade places with the eliminated queen? Or something? I guess that would mean it would take forever to eliminate everyone ... it was a good idea until I thought about it.

Anyway I thought Ra'Jah was a real filler in the line-up, but I'm enjoying her a lot more this time! Her face is so cute too, especially in that kitty-cat blue wig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom