AS6 E08: Snatch Game of Love

I feel like Kylie did what Trinity SHOULD have done, which is realise that you don’t necessarily need to be super quick if you can just think of a handful of funny one-liners that you can crowbar into virtually any answer.

It really worked for her and she deployed it beautifully, but Ginger was so much quicker.

Oh Kylie was great- totally knew what she was doing. But Ginger reacted, had scripted things, interacted with other contestants, the works. As you said, a master class.

Pandora had alternatives. From vulture.com

Speaking of you not wanting this impression to be all you were known for, you talked about that with the Snatch Game this week, too, and your decision to do Kim Cattrall. Tell me a bit more about how you came to that impersonation.
I’ve been thinking about Snatch Game for a long time — If I ever go back, who would I do? And people ask me that all the time. It was a really hard decision to make. I went through different people. I had brought a Dolly Parton look, but once Kylie said she was doing Dolly, I’m like, Nope, that’s who needs to be doing Dolly. She’s going to nail it, so she has to do it. I even brought a Tilda Swinton, because she’s kind of weird and you can say whatever you want, and Betty White. So with Kim Cattrall, I love Samantha as a character [on Sex and the City] and the cadence in her voice and how she says lines. I felt like she’s sexy, and it could be fun doing Snatch Game of Love as that character. Or so I thought.

Someone mentioned this to me yesterday and it’s all I can see now whenever Pandora is on screen

Pandora should have leaned in and PLAYED Debbie Downer!

”It’s official… I can’t have children.”

When you think of how Jujubee managed last season to stamp herself all over it and introduce herself to a whole new audience, it does all feel rather sad :(

Jujubee really was ROBBED on Snatch Game last year wasn't she :D
One year on I can't remember a thing Shea said as Flavour Flav, yet Juju's Eartha Kitt is still being quoted en masse TO THIS DAY!

anigif_sub-buzz-837-1595568985-13.gif

Oh I LOVED Manila's demented Barbara Streisand.

gif

The prosthetics, delivery and mannerisms really elevated it to something quite special when it could have easily fallen flat if she'd just SAT THERE with a wig on and given exactly the same answers but without the physical comedy behind it.

I can’t believe there’s been any debate about Ginger’s credentials in this episode. She was PHENOMENAL. Kylie felt clinical and Eureka defaulted back to season 9 levels of overbearingfulness. The only one who even came close was Ra’Jah.

Ginger was such a clear, obvious and deserving winner, but I feel like a Kylie win would also have been justified because of just how well she interacted with Ginger. The first group was such a joy to watch, even if TKB was beyond useless, her stunning look was enough.

Ra'jah was the highlight of group 2, Eureka just didn't connect with me and I think it was a bad choice of character, because it isn't an especially "yes and" choice. Pandora as well just made such a bad character choice, then letting Eureka throw her off meant she was doomed and right to leave.

I think the format exposed Eureka a little. It was easier for her to be loud and give pre prepared answers with no real improv when she had a full statch game, but only having two other queens plus Ru/the bachelor to interact with showed that she just isn't a very good actor.

I don't think either Pandora or Eureka were particularly poor though, especially compared to the likes of Blair and India last year.

I don't think Divine was a bad choice of character, Eureka just fell a bit too much into the trap of reeling off catchphrases and hoping it would be enough to carry her through (and it was). I also actually think she should have gone bigger in some ways - it actually would have been in character and potentially quite funny for her to pull out a gun at the end and threaten to shoot the other contestants, or something :D

I guess it’s all a bit of a crap shoot isn’t it, where Eureka didn’t connect, Alyssa was better received with the same tactics

I can’t say I’m that up on Divine’s catchphrases though

To be fair, there are WAY too many gay catchphrases to remember these days.

Although, Aja's Crystal Labeija was decent.

And THAT in a NUTSHELL is the problem with young homosexuals today.

Are you calling me young a read? I’ll take it :D

I know plenty about Divine these days but it’s not like I can stream the films (at least not over here)

Although I’d say that’s a bit of a weird attitude, the problem with someone is that they haven’t fully assimilated all gay history and pop culture?

Anyone who didn't think Ginger absolutely won that by a mile will get short shrift from me on that.

Having said that, Kylie was MUCH better in this than she was in that bloody shoehorned win of an acting challenge for AHS. And Ra'jah showed that you only really need one joke if you do it well. They were the clear 2nd and 3rd place for me. Eureka was off the mark. And Trinity and Pandora were just SHIT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom