AS7 E04: Fairytale Justice

VoR

Take it or leave it
I’m not a huge fan of this courtroom improv format to be honest - oh, it devolved into a slapping match again? Groundbreaking…

That being said, Jinkx was absolutely killing it once again with her deliciously stupid pig puns. Still dying at her bit about starting an OnlyHams :D

Vivienne deserved top 2 for all the accents but I didn’t really identify that many actual jokes. Everyone else was varying degrees of good-fine. Raja probably the weakest.

I was also inexplicably howling at Ru’s half-arsed goblin ensemble :D

Is it just me or is Monet a bit on the salty side this season? I feel like she’s the only one so far who hasn’t seemed to take being blocked in particularly good humour.

I found both improv pieces technically good (Jinkx especially), but not actually funny? Viv basically got the only actual laugh from me with "We do not have Glendale in Germany". This was absolutely her week though - that Immaculate Collection meets Hellraiser ensemble was astonishing :disco:

That challenge went on and on and on. I thought the second team was better but mostly cause Viv was funny and kinda carried it.

Jinkx was just fine until the ear fell off (wtf was that Rupaul goblin look). Monet had a few good moments, the rest were meh.

Jinkx is literally unstoppable in any kind of acting or comedy challenge. It's reassuring that she's not the best fashion queen or lip-syncher, because it would be unfair for one human being to be so talented.

Trinity was a bit slept on this week. She could easily have been in the Top 4, given her performance and look. Same for Jaida. Monet was the weakest link for me this week.

Top 3 for me were Jinkx, Viv and Yvie. Bottom two were Monet and Shea.

I quite enjoyed the challenge, it wasn’t too messy as it usually gets.

It’s frustrating that Raja isn’t doing better, I hope next week it’s going to be her turn.

Monet looked so pissed off when she got blocked. :o

Jinkx was streets ahead here.

Vivienne was second objectively though Raja made me laugh more. Trinity was good too. Yvie isn't a great actor but deserved credit for pure determination and consistency.

The other three were just OK. Jaida started fine but fell off a little, I don't remember Monet much at all, and Shea was solid but stilted and faded into the background.

I couldn't stop looking at how shoddy Monet's pig nose was compared to the other two :D

The right top two I think, though I was surprised by how much I enjoyed Yvie's character. Her runway was impressive (particularly those ridiculous heels) BUT it really didn't help that one of the España queens did basically the same concept this season but with much better execution, the judges obviously wouldn't have seen that but I couldn't help but compare.

Raja is clearly not happy. Starting to feel a bit like they are setting her up to snap but that kind of drama is very much NOT the spirit of this season?

Yeah, these improv challenges often don’t deliver because let’s face it, they’re hard to begin with. But I thought no one was awful so that’s already that. Bottom two are Monet and Shea.

I thought The Vivienne was the clear winner this week. The whole 'I'll stick with this accent' thing for Gretel tickled me, and I feel like she was in her element and feeding off the other queens breaking whenever she spoke.

How many episodes are there? I'm sensing they'll all end up with one star each ahead of the final and it'll become a top 8.

I thought the tops were going to be Viv and Yvie. Jinkx did have more material, but I think she was quite restricted going with such a well-trodden type and should have went with what she tried out first (or else just juggled with them as Viv did). Viv was strong until the American accent - a bit like in her own season where she nailed Kim and Cilla during the episode 1 photoshoot, but failed miserably doing Cardi B.

Was very annoyed to have the official youtube account spoil the lip sync for me in what must have been mere hours after the episode went live and have subsequently unsubscribed. I love that song so much, but it lacked something - Jinkx being able to properly let go as a dancer and Viv seems to have practiced emulating queens who have done well in the past, but it was so standardised and in no way was she inhabiting this incredible number.

Was very annoyed to have the official youtube account spoil the lip sync for me in what must have been mere hours after the episode went live and have subsequently unsubscribed.

YES! I didn’t unsubscribe though :(

I guess it’s less of a spoiler than before when it’s a potential elimination, but still.

It’s weird, they used to be better about it with things like Whatcha Packing only being edited to the queen’s name after half a week or so

Catching up on the Untucks. They definitely are the double edged sword with it being the nice season. Anyway, as much as I love the ostentation of Raja two weeks in a row, that did look like a sequenced diaper. Still my fave mind.

That would be terrible Jinkx. Possibly the first authentic catchphrase so far. Edit: oh scrap that, but it was good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom