ASFM: dmlawdifestivalen: Forgotten Hits - Semi Final 1 listening party 20/04/2021 8pm

dmlaw

Democracy doesn't work
After last night's fantastic feature of our feathered friends, it's time to get in a flap over the songs. Join me at 8pm tonight for the first listening party of 21 songs, which should take just under an hour and a half.

1. Dracula Parrot (Gabriella Cilmi - On A Mission)
2. Merganser (Real McCoy - One More Time)
3. Shoebill (Alisha's Attic - Indestructible)
4. Dodo (Khaled - Didi)
5. Long Wattled Umbrellabird (Styx - Mr Roboto)
6. Eurasian Reed Warbler (Saint Etienne - Avenue)
7. The Why Bird (Monica Naranjo - Desatame)
8. Crane (David Sylvian & Ryuchi Sakamoto (Forbidden Colours)
9. Articuno (Delta Goodrem - Sitting On Top Of The World)
10. DANNIIGOOSE (Bis - Eurodisco)
11. Salacious B. Crumb (Susan Fassbender - Twilight Cafe)
12. Horned Screamer (M-22 feat. Medina - First Time)
13. Euphoria (The Party - In My Dreams)
14. Lilac Breasted Roller (Kym Mazelle - Was That All It Was)
15. Harpy (Missy Higgins - The Special Two)
16. Alpine Chough (Leftfield feat. Roots Manuva - Dusted)
17. Chanel Chanellington (Mish Mash - Speechless)
18. Jackie Bird (Billie Piper - Day and Night)
19. Rainbow Lorikeet (Kiki Dee - Star)
20. Superd Bird of Paradise (E-Type - I Just Wanna Be With You)
21. Flamin' Galah (Juliet Roberts - Caught in the Middle)

Last edited:
At work this evening so will miss this 😭 and in turn you will all miss my positivity and light. Sorry about that!

season 9 nod GIF

Am I the only one that is feeling really positive about this and is hoping to hear a load of FORGOTTEN GEMS?

DON’T LET ME DOWN.

I worry that so many went for obvious songs.

I don't think that there's any songs which are so obvious that I would be making insulting comments about the submitter if I were in the audience.

Surely even a #1 can be considered ‘forgotten’

@dmlaw will you be providing the relevant chart positions which justify their appearance in this?
I will be providing the chart positions. I wasn't refusing submissions for being too well known, so they didn't need to justify their appearance in the competition, but I don't think any of the entries were taking the piss anyway.

I believe that there are a total of five number one hits on at least one of the eligible charts across the two shows.

I will be providing the chart positions. I wasn't refusing submissions for being too well known, so they didn't need to justify their appearance in the competition, but I don't think any of the entries were taking the piss anyway.

I believe that there are a total of five number one hits on at least one of the eligible charts across the two shows.
Oh yeah I meant in the sense that they got into the usable charts.

I will not be marking anyone down for their interpretation of the theme, your submission could have taken you in several directions depending on your interpretation.

I was going to choose a song that I thought was SUREly a forgotten hit only to find that it was on a 'Moopy's greatest songs ever!' playlist from around 2012. It's hard to judge on here.

I will not be marking anyone down for their interpretation of the theme, your submission could have taken you in several directions depending on your interpretation.

I was going to go in with the idea that if it was forgotten by the public, but beloved to some extent on moopy, I'd have to question if I would mark it down a little bit for being "moopy obvious".

...until I tried to find an entry and realised just how fucking tough it actually was to judge the balance, so unless it's a major, major "Like A Prayer" style number, I'll be voting based on taste alone.

If, for example, someone was to submit "One Touch" by Mini Viva, I would be forced to give it lots of points*. I might not have forgotten it, but it 100% fits the theme

*if by chance someone has entered it, and I don't give it lots of points, it just means there are lots of better songs. But that's IMPOSSIBLE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom