ASFM Worldvision II: Armed and Worldulous. Deadline 5pm TODAY

ButterTart

Succulent Chinese meal
Worldvision II.png

Oh my God, it’s back again!

Following the titanic success of Worldvision, and the somewhat muted response to The American Worldvision Contest, I reckon it’s about time we had a sequel.

Get ready to expand your horizons and be confronted by exotic, unfamiliar sounds (which for Moopy just means ‘not midtempo or by a white woman’)

Over the next few weeks you’ll learn some amazing things about our planet, or ‘Earth’ as it’s sometimes known. For example; did you know that in Estonia ‘Out’ means ‘white’ and ‘Synk’ means ‘devil’? Or that in ancient Sweden a ‘Raspberry Swirl’ was a ceremony in which tribesmen would share songs they dislike in order to appease the hideous demon witch Caa-Rol-Ah?

Trot the globe with me, fellow traveller, and fill your mind with a load more shit I just made up for likes and attention.

HOW IT WORKS AND THAT

You’ll DM me a number and I’ll assign you a country. Your chosen artist must be either:

• A native of that country
  • A naturalised citizen of that country
  • A group with at least one member from that country
  • Part of that country’s diaspora (e.g. someone classified as Moopvanian-American is eligible)
I’m not doing the easy/hard thing because the 2021 Indiafiaskot taught me that ease is in the eye of the beholder. Instead, you have the option to pick a continent to narrow down the list of potential countries you receive. Obviously, I’d much rather you just let the dice fall as they may, but I understand that not everyone has the time, patience or sex life resembling an abandoned funfair which would facilitate trawling through playlist after playlist of Mauritanian afropop.

To enter, simply DM me a number between 1 and 110, with one of the following names in the subject line (I’ll give you the next suitable country after the number you send):

BOKASSA – Africa and the Middle East
PINOCHET – The Americas
POL POT – Asia and Australasia
LULU – Europe
SOLDI – You’re not fussy and you’ll have anyone

You’ve got ages to pick your song; the Eurovision break means I can give you plenty of time to find something.

YOUR AVATAR

The avatar theme is Trendy Discotheque: An entertainment venue from your assigned country. This could be a bar, club, beach resort, arena, roller rink… anywhere people go for fun.

HOW I’LL RECEIVE YOUR ENTRY

Please DM it to me in the following format:

Artist:
Title:
Spotify:
YouTube:

And that’s it! Happy hunting. If you have any problems, let me know. I’d rather try to help than lose you because you’re struggling.

Handy hints from someone who’s currently curating 115 separate playlists:

• There’s a profile on Spotify called Sounds of Spotify and they have multiple lists for every country. If your chosen country is Moopvania, just search for ‘Sound of Moopvanian’ and they should come up. It’s also worth Googling “Sounds of Spotify” Moopvania as for some reason more playlists show up that way than on Spotify itself.
  • There’s a website called Culture Trip which has articles on the ‘top ten musicians you should know about’ for a lot of different countries.
  • Googling ‘Moopvanian American Singer’, ‘Moopvanian British Singer’ and ‘Moopvanian producer’ has proved very lucrative.
I’ve found ASFM-worthy songs for every country on the list, so they’re definitely out there.

Earlier this week when I was about to vote I thought I’ll never do this again, but frankly speaking I couldn’t bare the thought of breaking my chartrun and not competing again. So count me in.

Very happy with my country choice :disco:

Expecting to finish in the lower half of the scoreboard but at least I'll have fun :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom