ASFM Worldvision II: Armed and Worldulous. Deadline 5pm TODAY

I am GOOPED and GAGGED by my selection.

Nancy is here to SLAY the competition!

I’m very disappointed in the lack of gay drama so far on the choice of countries.

Clearly @ButterTart played it safe and didn’t give out Timor Leste or São Tomé. COWARD!

I might have to start creating a fuss myself.

I’m very disappointed in the lack of gay drama so far on the choice of countries.

Clearly @ButterTart played it safe and didn’t give out Timor Leste or São Tomé. COWARD!

I might have to start creating a fuss myself.
Oh there were some tough countries in there, but the recipients have already sent marvellous songs for them without fuss :o

@RaspberrySwirl is the closest to drama we’ve had, but just because he doesn’t recognise Denmark’s sovereignty it doesn’t mean it’s not a real country.

Oh there were some tough countries in there, but the recipients have already sent marvellous songs for them without fuss :o

@RaspberrySwirl is the closest to drama we’ve had, but just because he doesn’t recognise Denmark’s sovereignty it doesn’t mean it’s not a real country.

If you want real drama then I’ll let you know that I haven’t bothered with this after the first day of really disappointing Spotify results. I think I might ask to change country, or else I’ll send something that the majority will hate.

15 songs submitted so far and ten days to go until the submission period ends. I’m hoping to do the viewing galas on Tuesday and Thursday after that.
Will there be a draw to see if we are in viewing gala one or two?

How would it work? As in, who would pick the numbers?
I would copy Eurovision. Random draw of the semi's and what half each is in, and then you decide the order from there. I'm sure there's a randomiser online which comes with an animation element you can share with the class.

I’m not sure that a draw for the positions adds much. It’s fun at Eurovision because we know the songs and so can argue about who it’s good or bad for. If we do a draw here, we’d just be saying, ‘Look. Kyrgyzstan are in the first half of semi final two. Thats’s…nice?’. Plus not being able to plan the running order at all until a day or two before the viewing parties would stress me out.

I’m not sure that a draw for the positions adds much. It’s fun at Eurovision because we know the songs and so can argue about who it’s good or bad for. If we do a draw here, we’d just be saying, ‘Look. Kyrgyzstan are in the first half of semi final two. Thats’s…nice?’. Plus not being able to plan the running order at all until a day or two before the viewing parties would stress me out.
Both fair points. The Eurovision semi draw is also done before we know most of the songs, and therefore has little fanfare.

Butters absolutely should run it the way he wants to, I just love a good excuse for a draw :disco:

Imagine an ASFM where the list of artist and songs with videos were released and then the two viewing parties consisted solely of live performances of those songs.

Just checking in to see how everyone's getting on.
Peeping_Glo.gif

I've sensationally decided that the gifs will be used in the exposed entries gala, which will be subtitled 'gif a little love back to the world'.

That has absolutely no bearing on the contest in any way and yet I've still expended brain power thinking it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom